Island of Misfit Toys

I woke up with the worst headache ever. I was pretty sure this was going to be the worst Christmas ever. Aside from all the crappy Christmases I've had in the past, this is probably going to be exciting in a dreadful way. Horrible. I went to the restroom and splashed water on to my face.

"Woah, you're actually up early today. Yay," Draco said, by the door and clapping silently.

"Shut your unguarded mouth. I just have a bad headache," I answered. I went to the kitchen and ate some grapes that were on a bowl.

"Why?" He asked, stealing some on my hand.

"This is going to be my first real Christmas in over thirteen years," I said truthfully.

"What?! Are you serious?"

"Yeah... Last Christmas-," I started.

Draco interrupted. "I gave you my heart! But the very next day, you gave it away! This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special!"

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Did you seriously just sing that song?"

"Yeah... why?" He asked laughing. "I went to a shop last night and it played like four times."

"It's a Muggle song."

Draco stopped dead on his tracks. "I'll be right back. I'm just going to... brush my teeth..."

"You're an idiot..." I said doing a face palm.

"Just kidding. I'm joking. I know I wasn't gifted with an angelic voice like yours." 

"Thank you? Anyways. Last Christmas," I gave him a glare. "I was just up in my room, listening to my music player, brewing up potions and painting drawings."

"That's sounds like not a fun Christmas day. However, we are going to have brunch and dinner with Mum and Dad," Draco reminded me.

"This day just keeps getting better and better and better... Do we have to go?" I asked.

"Do it for Lyra. You know, it still freaks me out that we have another sibling. Like Mum and Dad are parents again."

"The latter is honestly the scariest thought. I mean, look at how messed up I am. Look at you."

"I'm an angel sent from Heaven, Lynx."

"Right."

Well, brunch is at one thirty and it is...." He checked is wristwatch. "Twelve seventeen."

"Great. Let me just get ready," I said in a low, annoyed voice. 

I started to hum the song Last Christmas as I stared my closet, looking for an appropriate outfit to wear on Christmas. Since this was my first "real" Christmas in a long time, I didn't really have clothes with festive green and red colors. I stuck with what I knew and wore neutral and dark colors. I wore some black heel boots, with blue jeans, a grey frilly blouse with a tan jacket and a thick white winter hat. I added a dark blue scarf for some color. 

After I put on some light makeup, I went back to the living room to see Draco on the couch, still reading but this time with a business casual suit. When he realized I was there, he closed the book and put on an anti-Apparition spell around the house. 

"Y'know, it being Christmas and the festive season, we really don't look it at all with our dark colors," I said, heading to the door of the apartment. 

"We're Malfoy's, Lynx. We're not known for being cheerful and festive," Draco said with a grin. 

He opened the door for me with a cocky grin and I sighed, thanked him and went out the door. Once he locked the door, he looked at me and nodded. I looked around to see if anyone was around and was ready. I grabbed his hand and waited for him to Apparate out of the apartment and into the Manor. We were in front of the gate in a flash.