Nathan Abbate | His Story

"Shut the fuck up, Mckenzie," Nathan sneered.

"Gosh, I'm sorry I'm messing up your little family bonding time! God," Mckenzie sneered back going to her room.

Lynx stared at the twins for a while and said, "Uhm, I'm going to leave you two alone... C'mon, Derek, Patten, Wesley Premium, Ace."

Derek, W.P., and Patten looked at Nathan and chuckled. The three of them went to their own room. Lynx was about to go in but saw Ace still staring at the awkward twins. Lynx glared at her.

"Awe... But I wanted to hear their awkward conversation," Ace whined.

"C'mon." Lynx gabbed her by the arm and literally had to drag her into Mckenzie's room.

"What are you doing in my room?" Mckenzie snapped from her upright piano.

"Since when do you have a piano?" Lynx asked looking at it. "I haven't played one since I was rehearsing for Sweeney Todd..."

"You play piano?" Ace asked.

"Yeah... I love the sound of it."

"Then c'mon," Mckenzie said getting off the stool.

Meanwhile, Nathan and Stefan were still standing from across the room. Stef was twirling his thumbs around and around.

"So... Stefan..." Nathan started.

"Yeah... I don't think I quite enjoy this right know..." Stefan said.

"Lets be adults here and talk from the beginning."

"And sit," Stefan and Nathan said together. The twins looked at each other at their unison. Nathan chuckled but Stefan sneered.

"I guess we really are twins," Stefan commented.

The twins sat on the couch and Nathan started first after a long while of silence. "Do we have a family?"

"Yeah, a Muggle one. I have five sisters. Or rather... We have five older sisters. Our father ran away from us when I was four or five years old and our mother is still here," Stefan started and then there was another awkward pause. "Didn't you?"

"I didn't. You know how I found out about you? And why I'm not so surprised that you exist?" Nathan asked. Stefan shrugged. "I was drinking in a bar when a man called George Weasley, a man I know that you are very familiar with, thought I was you. At first, I thought it was an April Fool's joke because that's when it happened but it wasn't. I found out I finally had family by your girlfriend's ex." Nathan's voice was serious but not shaken. "And it has been killing me inside to finally realize that I had family out there while I was left alone. Fending for myself all of these years. And, frankly, it's not fair." 

"You know what my sisters would tell me when Dad left me?"

"What?"

"They told me that everything happens for a reason."

"That's a cliché..." Nathan answered. "And it's easy for you to say. At least you had a mother and five sisters." 

"Well yeah..." Stefan sighed. "Yeah... that kinda is cliché."

"Wait... sh. Do you hear that?" Nathan said suddenly to the music of the piano. "It's probably Mckenzie."

"Or Lynx," Stefan commented. "It's most probably her because this song is Green Finch and Linnet Bird." Nathan looked confused. "It's from a musical that Lynx and I did a while back."

"You're a man of theater?" Nathan asked, almost making fun.

"Lynx made me. I like it, I think."