Ginny's Birthday

Days and nights past and I still had no word from Draco. I thought about writing him a letter, but what if the letter goes into Mom's or Dad's hand? That would just lead to trouble. I really do hope he's okay. 

With having little to do, I would read books, play scripts or old potions textbooks Ginny had lying around. Oh, if I just had a cauldron; I would be brewing potions all day long just for the fun of it. In my old school, they would call me the Potions Master. 

Ginny came up to out room and asked, "Hey, Lynx. Can you help me pack for Hogwarts? I'm leaving in a month but my mum wants it done now."

I smiled, closed my book and said, "Sure. I have nothing else to do anyways. But you're still going back? Who's going to be the headmaster?"

"It's rumored that it's going to be bloody Snape!" She said foully. 

I chuckled and said, "Good luck."

"Hey! You never had him as a teacher so shut it!" She punched me playfully on my arm. I rolled my eyes and we both laughed. In the days I've been here, I've grown pretty close to Ginny. She didn't see me as "Malfoy"; she saw me as Lynx, which made me happy.

"Alright, let me go get the trunks," She said as she left the room. I sighed and looked around. Today was August ninth, a month before Hogwarts and my school, Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts, started yesterday. I've gotten letters from my roommate asking where I was, but I didn't bother answering. Not because I didn't like her. I just couldn't risk the letters being apprehended. 

As I was waiting for Ginny, I saw a moving figure in front of me and I looked up and saw the twins looking at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked annoyed. I like the twins, but all they have been doing to me were pull pranks and tell jokes. I'm an extremely gullible person, so they found their perfect target named Lynx Narcissa Malfoy. They looked around for someone and sighed in relief.

"Where's Ginny?" Fred asked.

"She went to go get suitcases to pack for Hogwarts, why?" I asked unruly. 

"Good, okay," George said closing the door. I began to get scared, but hid it by raising my right eyebrow. "It's because it's Ginny's birthday in the eleventh and we wanted it to be a surprise," He continued in a whisper.

Great a party, I said in my head. "Great..." I said with no emotion.

"Right, so Charlie, Fleur and Bill are going to come for her birthday," Fred stated. "And since you're the only girl here... what do you think the party should be themed?"

"Themed? Are you serious?" I asked. "You're asking me, Lynx Malfoy, what a theme of your sister's birthday party should be? That's smart of you. I've only known her for a couple of months."

"What? It's not like you haven't talked. Every night we hear you chatting and laughing all day. You guys have become best friends."

"Look, you've got the wrong person. I've never planned a party and I haven't been to a party in so long. So, please don't ask me about a party."

They paused, looked at each other with disbelief in their eyes and looked back at me. They said at the same time, "When's the last time you've been to a party?"

"Well, if you consider the wedding a party then that was my first party in about a year or two."  

"GUYS! OPEN THIS DOOR!" I heard Ginny yell pounding on the door. Thank goodness, Ginny! The twins had a trickle of sadness in their eyes and opened the door for their sister and left. She looked at me and asked, "What was that all about?'"