Seven Years Ago and Sarkany the Dragon

Seven Years Ago; Lynx PoV

"Are you sure your gonna do this?" Draco asked me.

"Mum and Dad hate me! You know that!" I snapped getting my bag.

"But you know absolutely no magic at all and it's one o' clock in the morning."

"So! Everyone's asleep." I sighed and checked outside my window. I stuck out my hand for a handshake and said to my twelve year old brother, "Well, it was nice being your sister."

Draco rolled his eyes and ignored my handshake. He said in a sing-song tone, "You're not going to last."

"Shut it! I will, you'll see!" I put down the rope stairs down. 

"Where are you going to go?" He asked.

"If I told you that, you will tell Mum and Dad," I replied. I hugged him and went down as slow as I could. 

When I reached the bottom of the Manor, I looked up to see Draco waving at me and smiling, but a regretful smile. I grinned, kissed my palm and placed it on my heart. He did the same and I walked as quickly as I could out of there.

This plan was flawless, go out my window and just run. I really had no where else to go, but being ten, I was a bit naive. My brain was just saying: get out of the Manor and just run! Which is exactly what I was doing. After the day grew into the morning, I got tired and wanted to sleep. I rested in a small lake place and climbed up a really good shade tree.

As I was drifting into sleep, the simplest noises would scare me. I would jump up and ignore it, but the noises would keep on coming. It was getting a bit annoying. The first night is always the worst.

Eventually, I fell into a sleep and an a dreamless sleep. When I woke, I didn't feel like moving. Mum and Dad probably didn't care if I was gone, they were most probably glad that I fled the house. I hate them.

That morning, I decided to stay up in the tree, reading a play called, Sweeney Todd. I had the song, No Place Like London, stuck in my head. As I was reading it, I was also humming the soothing tone. 

"You are young, life have been kind to you. You will learn..." I sung. 

After I read and sung the whole play to myself, I decided to get a move on. I packed everything and I finished my breakfast. When I was walking, I constantly heard little rustled in the trees and bushes, but ignored it. 

I walked through the city of London in the summer heat, not looking back at all. It's a talent that I've developed over the years. The city was bright and lively, and no signs of wizards looking after me. Where was I going? I had no idea, but I loved just walking around and not having to deal with my family. 

I finally went though the scurrying people and the silver buildings and found myself in a grassy and filled with trees field. I got myself a sandwich and a drink with the Pounds I saved up. I sat down on the grass behind a tree. For a first day, it's been great. No one has seen me and nothing's been on my way. 

When I finished my meal, I heard small slithers come my way. I looked around as fast as I could and found a huge snake coming towards me. I got up and started to run... Bad move, Lynx. They could sense fear! There's no way that I couldn't be scared.

I ran and ran, but I had to stop because a small lake got in my way. I turned around to see the snake about to pounce to me. My eyes started to swell in fear and in sadness. I flinched as the snake jumped up to me. 

"AVADA KADAVRA!" I heard someway say.

Green sparks were headed to my way and when the snake was almost at my face, the green sparks hit the snake. It fell down almost instantly and I fell down in the lake in shock and fear. The water was somehow soothing, being that I almost got killed in two ways.