A Moment With You

Lynx PoV

"Okay Sarkany, I think we've had enough for today. Let's land in the forest, I want to rest," I told my dragon. He cooed and landed in the center of the forest. I took out my book and rested my head on his arms and Sarkany just licked my face once and rested his head on the cold winter grass. I was humming to a song that was stuck in my head. 

George PoV

Lynx went out to fly the dragon again and I watched closely by. I followed Sarkany go into the forest with Lynx on his back. When I found them, Lynx was humming in her gorgeous voice and Sarkany was sleeping peacefully though her voice. I noticed that she only had a small jacket and she was shivering.

I grabbed my jacket and put it on Lynx's back. Shocked, she looked at me and smiled weakly.

"How long have you been there?" she asked me; her voice was low.

"Just got here," I replied. "I was gonna feed Sarkany, but you stole him from the cave." I tried to lighten the mood but I hadn't joked around in a long time. 

"He's my dragon," Lynx replied, patting Sarkany. She sighed and stared at Sarkany. I looked at her neck and saw the necklace that I gave her. 

My body felt like it was moving on its own; I feel down to my knees and hugged her as tight as I could. I heard her small whimpers and her arms wrap around me. I said 'I'm sorry' a bunch of times, but I knew that wasn't enough. I knew that I was killing her slowly by the way she saw me and Angelina together. 

When we were still in each other's arms, she asked, "Why..?"

I winced at the question and answered, "I was stupid."

We pulled away from each other slowly, but our hands were still together. Lynx said, "But if you did truly love me then... a stupid think like being a Death Eater shouldn't make it die."

We paused for a moment, but I killed the silence. "Why do you still have my necklace?"

"Because I love you!" She yelled with more tears streaming down her cheeks like waterfalls. 

"And you don't think I do?" 

"No, actually, I don't. You know why? I'll tell you why. I don't think you love me anymore because you didn't wait for me. I was waiting for you, but you didn't do the same!" Lynx got up and put her book on her small victorian bag. "C'mon Sarkany. Let's go back to your little cave."

Sarkany and Lynx flew back to the cave, leaving me here, alone with my thoughts. I kept looking at her until she disappeared from my sight. 

I screwed up...

Lynx PoV

After I dropped off Sarkany, I Apparated. I wanted to yell, cry and disappear! But I couldn't do that. Not out in the public. I looked around and found myself in Diagon Alley, in front of a choir singing Christmas Carlos. The sudden chill from the upcoming winter storm made me shiver and dug my hands into my pockets. 

I put three galleons on their small cup and walked around. I saw my breath form a whitish cloud as it shook. I could tell I was in the brink of a break down. Suddenly, a hand grabbed mine and dragged me into a store. Because I was scared, I pushed the person away and wielded my wand. I finally stopped and looked at the person and when I realized who it was, I smiled so wide. 

"Janice Kelly!" I yelled.

"LYNX MALFOY!" She yelled back. Janice Kelly. One of my roommates back in the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts. Everything about her was the same, she was just older. Dyed yellow hair, dark brown eyes, tan skin, and her abnormal, colorful sense of style.