Christmas? Yay For That.

I tried ripping the bloody letter for more then ten times, but with the magic of Hogwarts, it presented itself like there wasn't even a fold. Giving up, I placed the letter into my bag and lost my train of thought.

"Hey! Lynx Narcissa Malfoy!" I heard Janice from behind me. I turned around and she was waving at me with a relieved expression and Marcus right next to her. They walked to me and Janice continued, "Let's go eat!"

"You didn't eat yet?" I asked, getting up.

"Nope, we were looking for you." 

"Marcus said, checking his watch, "Can we eat now, please? I'm more then hungry!"

"Starving?" I helped out.

"What?"

"If you're more then hungry, then you're starving." There was an awkward pause. "You know... the definition of starving is dying from hunger..."

Marcus laughed, but got serious. "Don't be a smart ass." 

"Excuse me? Would you like me to Silencio your face?"

"No, would you like me to-," Marcus started.

"Guys! Are we eating or not?!" Janice asked.

"Right," Marcus and I said together and laughed.  

We went into the usual diner and ordered our food. I got a hotcakes, a small omelet and skim milk. Sure, usually people get orange juice, but, in my opinion, orange juice taste nasty in the morning. Especially when you just woke up. 

"So why were you late?" Janice asked, taking a sip of oh-so-lovely orange juice.

"Uhm... overslept. Draco had to wake me up," I answered.

"Hm... Oh, yeah, your gifts!" Janice suddenly remembered. 

"Oh, seriously? I... I don't even have your gifts... You don't have to," I tried.

"No. I know you want them."

I rolled my eyes as Marcus and Janice gave me their gifts to me. Marcus gave me a box like the size of a shoe box and Janice gave me a huge box that she shrunk to hide it from me. 

"Do I open them now or do I wait till Christmas?" I asked, thanking them.

"Wait until Christmas," Marcus said, smiling at me. "Merry Christmas, Lynx."

"Yeah, Merry Christmas," Janice repeated. 

"Thank guys. You are the best," I admitted, as I shrunk the gifts. We ate, talked about stuff that happened in their six year at WADA. Apparently Janice and Marcus are going to Scotland for Christmas. I didn't want to tell them about the Hogwarts letter only because it didn't feel right in the conversation and I don't even want to go. Sure, it'll be great that I'll finish my education or whatever, but it doesn't seem right. With all the bad memories I had there, I wouldn't feel in place. After two hours of staying and eating in the diner, we decided to call it a day. We hugged and parted to different ways. 

"Let's see... What should I do in a gorgeous Christmas Eve?" I asked myself. I started walking along the cobblestone road with my hands in my pockets. "Christmas shopping? No. All the good items will haven't already sold out by now, it being the day before Christmas. And if I did get gifts, I needed to get some for the Weasley's, Potter, and Granger... Maybe I'll just say I forgot. Seems like a lot of effort."

"Are you alright, miss?" I heard a cracky voice behind me. It was an old lady that seemed to be a beggar. "Are you mad like me?"

"Uhm... No. I'm just blabbing to myself. I'm sorry," I said, hiding my face. I heard the scrawny old lady murmur to herself and I looked back. I dug into my pocket and found 7 Galleons. "Miss. Here you go. You'll need it more then I do."