Stay With Me

Stefan woke up from a sudden pain on his chest. This has been happening for over two weeks; since the day Lynx got the title Undesirable No.1. He got up from his bed and went to the kitchen. Gulping down a cold cup of water, he picked up a picture of Lynx and him.

Both of them were smiling and having a good time. In one part of the picture, Stefan gave Lynx a kiss on the cheek which she returned with a blush. Stefan put down the picture and the cup and checked the time; 7:02AM. Time for work.

Going to his room, he dressed usually; skinny jeans, v-neck, and high tops. Grabbing his keys and his I.D. Card, he Apperated into the Leaky Cauldron. In it were the usual people he saw.

"Hey, Stefan!" Said Huron, one of the usual costumers.

"Oh, hey, Huron. Hold on, I'm going to punch in," Stefan answered, going into the kitchen. He saw Mr. Dawson looking up to him with the Daily Prophet on his hand.

"Stefan, it has come to my attention that you've been a bit off," Dawson suddenly said.

"Off, sir?"

"Yes, I've heard from Huron, Ernie and a short boy with a cap... Are you alright?"

"Fine, sir," Stefan answered, getting his punch in paper.

"Don't bother, Stefan."

"What?"

"I can't have someone here with low spirits."

Stefan looked at him and wanted to explain but was too exhausted. He nodded, understanding what he meant. He put the punch in paper in the shelf and said, "Thank you, sir."

"I'll give you your paycheck by owl. I'm sorry."

"No, it's alright. I quite understand, sir. Thank you for letting me work for you."

"Thank you."

Stefan grabbed his stuff from his shelf like a picture of Lynx and him, papers, notebooks and the other things he always left behind here. He gave Mr. Dawson a nod and left the office. Huron smiled at him and asked, "What's up?"

"I just got the sack," Stefan said, chuckling.

"Sorry, mate," Huron said, fixing the tie in his suit.

"It's alright. At least I don't have to wake up early anymore. I'll see you around Huron. And tell that to Ernie," He said.

"Right. See ya."

Stefan left the Leaky Cauldron walked to Janice Paints and Arts. Marcus Gypsy looked up and had a look that wanted to either punch Stefan or yell at him but instead called for Janice. She ran to Marcus with a small script on her hand. When Janice saw Stefan, she smiled weakly.

"Hi, Stef," Janice said.

"Hey. Do you mind if I see her gallery?" Stefan asked.

Janice crossed her arms. "Only if you believe that Lynx wasn't cheating on you."

Stefan swallowed sadness and answered, "I don't think she was cheating on me."

"Well that doesn't do us any good, goes it?" Marcus asked with so much spite in his voice. 

"I realized that I was being stupid. But now it's too late right. She's on the run and none of us knows where she is..."

"You have fifteen minutes. And leave a donation. A generous one." Janice said going back to her script.

He nodded and walked to Lynx's Gallery. He began to remember all the memories he had with his precious Lynx. The love that they shared, the trust, the passion, the friendship. Everything was gone.