❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | buddy

a/n : honestly i can't imagine y/n calling leo "daddy" or shit like that so i felt this was a good replacement. idk lmao, enjoy anyways

age : 1 year
prompt first words !!
comment and vote plz!

< 3rd person pov >

"buddy!" exclaimed y/n, from her room. leo rolled his eyes but chuckled as he made his way into her room.

"hi y/n." he chuckled, lifting her up.

"buddy!"

"yes that's me." he smiled.

the entire nickname thing had come as a surprise and a slight disappointment. buddy had been her first word, only because that's what leo was referred to on set.

"hey baby girl!" he cooed, repeatedly kissing her face. she squealed, giggling at the affection and attention she was finally receiving. she babbled, touching his face with her hands. it had been several hours since they had seen each other last, but in y/n's eyes it had been much longer.

she missed leo whenever he wasn't with her, so seeing him was always the best thing for her.

"leo, buddy! come to set in five minutes!"

"alright!"

"bu-bu-" leo paused in his motions, staring at his daughter in his arms. she stared back at him, beginning to babble again.

"bu-buddy!" she exclaimed. leo groaned, soon laughing. he kissed her face once more. "you spoke!"

"buddy!"

"i wish it wasn't that though." he groaned, spinning around with her.

ever since that day she's referred to her father as buddy, not knowing any different. buddy is what all the older adults referred to him as, that slightly annoying him. just the thought that his fellow colleagues thought of him as a child, pissed him off.

"y/n, can you say anything else?" he asked gently, walking out of her room, heading to his own.

she chewed on a stuffed animal, babbling incoherent words around it. he placed her down on his bed, smiling down at her as he laid next to her.

"can you say daddy?"

she stared at him, still chewing on the stuffed animal. he gently pulled it out of her mouth, placing it beside her.

"y/n, come on. da-" he slowly said, hoping for her to copy him.

"da..."

"bu-"

"no, da-"

"bu-"

"da, da..."

"buddy."

"no, y/n/n. say dada or daddy."

"buddy."

"no!" he laughed.

"you're not gonna say anything else huh?"

"buddy!"

"yeah, you're my buddy and i'm yours."

comment and vote !
[ published/edited: 5/12/2021 ]