❣︎ timothee chalamet | first day of school

a/n : school starts for me tmr and i'm absolutely dreading it

age : 6
prompt first day of school isn't fun for anyone
! comment and vote please !

<3rd person pov >

"that place again?"

timothée couldn't help but laugh at his daughter's complaint, seeing the way she put her entire body into her sentence. she sighed, pouting.

timothée drapped his arm around her shoulders, smiling gently. "it's not that bad, you'll learn more things." his voice was enthusiastic, almost persuasive - but y/n was stubborn, not letting the words of others change her opinions.

"i don't want to learn more things papa..." she again whined, covering her eyes with her palms. seeing as she was beginning to recluse away from him, he managed to lift her onto his lap. he took her hands away from her face, watching as she looked away from him.

"what are you worried about y/n/n?" he asked her, hoping to get a better insight on her mind. y/n laid her head against his left shoulder, timothée soon leaning his against hers.

"people." she mumbled. timothée didn't react to what she said, not quite expecting anything else from her. "is that all?" he asked, his head leaving hers to look closely at her face. she shrugged, apprehensively nodding.

"come on, tell me what else is bugging you." he smiled gently towards her, his tone still enthusiastic. she looked up to him, huffing. "what if the class is too hard?"

"y/n, you're in second grade!" timothée cheered, making y/n pause in her puzzle to look at him. her eyes were furrowed, in confusion. "i'm gonna be in first grade papa, not second."

timothée sat down beside y/n on the floor, watching as she continued to place the puzzle pieces in the correct spots. "i got a call from your teacher, that you were eligible to skip a grade. you're officially a second grader." he explained. y/n paused in her movements, her back slouching as she lent back.

"do you remember all those reading and writing tests you had to do?" y/n nodded. "you passed them all! she said you did very well." y/n still didn't give timothée the excited reaction he expected from her. she only went back to her puzzle.

      "okay." timothée tickled the side of her neck, getting a small fit of giggles. "okay? that's it?"

      "papa, stop." she laughed, finally looking towards him again - this time a smile replacing her facial expression. "tell me you're smart." he said softly, wanting her to admit the truth.

      she huffed, her cheeks becoming red. "i'm smart." timothée smiled brightly, one curl from his head falling onto his forehead. "you're absolutely right."

"you know how smart you are?" he asked her. she shook her head, leading timothée to continue on. "you're probably the smartest person i know, i'm sure the classes will become easy with some practice." y/n still had yet to respond. timothée brought his hand to her face, gently pulling her face to look his way.

"you'll never know until you try." she slowly nodding, still not happy about the entire idea. "okay."

time skip

"hey y/n, come on - time to wake up."

timothée sat on the side of her bed, his hand rubbing her back - wanting to gently wake her up. a small groan came from her, her displeasure with being awake becoming known.