jj maybank | exhausting part 1.

*a/n : this is one of my chapters where i choose, the name of the kid. sorry , u can change it if u like <3*
comment and vote plz !

jj's pov

exhausting was how i described last nights events.

it took john b and i, a call from pope and a few hours to figure out tegan was sick and to get her back to sleep.

to say that any of us got an adequate amount of sleep was a lie. john b and i would be okay with a minimal amount of sleep, but tegan on little sleep along with being sick made a dangerous combo.

tegan had never been a baby to constantly cry or stay up, she was pretty obedient with sleep. but when she was sick, her entire persona changed. she cried, cried and cried and would not go back to sleep to save her life.

"what's up babe? it's only 2:36 in the morning." i yawned, standing up to lift her up from the crib next to the pullout. tegan hardly ever woke up during the night/early morning. so hearing cry this early in the morning was abnormal.

i turned the light on and looked over to her, seeing her sit up, looking directly at me. i hovered my chest over the crib and brought my hands close to her. if she was up i might as well mess with her a little. i chuckled at her, watching her throw a little tired fit.

"alright come here bubba." i lifted her up and kissed her cheek, bringing her to my chest. she rested her head against my cheek. i felt how warm her face was, by the minimal touch i had just received from her.

i brought my hand to her forehead and felt the warmth practically radiating off of her. i unintentionally pursed my lips and brought them to her forehead. just to make sure she had a fever and that i wasn't overthinking anything i decided to look for a thermometer.

john b ought to have one somewhere in the chateau. "shhh mama, we don't wanna wake john b huh?" i rubbed her stomach and made my way towards the kitchen, beginning to rummage through the cabinets in search for a thermometer.

in the span of a few minutes, i wasn't able to find anything. tegan hadn't stopped crying and i heard a door creak open from down the hall. i felt bad seeing john b rubbing his head, his eyes squinted as he looked at me. "what's up?" he asked, coming towards us. "i think she's getting sick, her forehead is warm, but i'm not sure." he walked up to me and put his hand on her forehead, raising his eyebrows soon after. "i think i have a thermometer in the bathroom, hold on."

i lent against the counter and rubbed tegan's back, slightly concerned that she still hasn't stopped crying yet. john b came back out with a thermometer in his hands. he ran the tip of it under the facet, my best guess being to clean it.

when he turned back around, he looked at me. and i looked back at him. we were both thinking the same thing.

how do you take a baby's temperature?

"i'll call pope." john b said, handing me the thermometer before walking down the hall.
"you feelin sick baby girl?" i cooed, wiping her face of stream of tears on her face. i kissed her cheek and shushed her.

john b came back into the kitchen with his phone in his hands and an unsatisfied grin on his face. "he's not picking up." i sighed. "i'll get my phone, call him until he picks up." i set the thermometer on the counter and walked toward the pullout. i set tegan back down into the crib and winced once she started crying slightly harder. "i'll get you in a second te, hold on." i searched the couch until i found my phone. i unlocked it and begun calling pope's number. i put a pacifier into tegan's mouth and handed her, her stuffed animal, luckily relieving tegan's cries temporarily. i walked back to the kitchen and lent back against the counter. john b's phone received pope's voicemail, but when i called him for the second time he answered.