❣︎ river phoenix | snowman

age : 2
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"you see all that?" river questioned softly, pointing towards the window. outside on the ground laid snow, a lot of it - that being the first thing he noticed through y/n's window as he woke her up only a few minutes ago.

river's fingertips belonging to his right hand touched the glass, that quickly chilling his skin. his lips perked up slightly, enjoying the weather - the sight making him happy.

y/n had yet to experience snow - still being barely two years old, she hadn't experienced much yet. that factor made the upcoming events in the day much more memorable.

"i think we should go outside...
what do you think y/n?"

she looked towards river at the mention of her name, not giving an enthused expression. river didn't think anything of it, it was the normal for her as it was for him. not letting her lack of response influence his decision, he set her down.

as he did, y/n looked directly ahead towards the window river had pointed towards only a few seconds prior. she took a few steps towards the window, looking past the reflection of herself - that usually throwing her off.

she placed both her hands on the glass, quickly moving them away at the sudden frost she could feel of the skin of her palms.

"cold..."

she mumbled, taking a step back. river placed his hand atop her head. "it is cold, but it's fun."

y/n looked towards her father and then back to the window, no opinions quite forming on the situation. it was cold outside, yet it was intriguing.

"wanna go in the snow y/n?" he asked.

not receiving an answer from her, river grabbed onto her hand, walking away to go towards her room to get her dressed for the weather. y/n stayed mostly silent as river got her ready, making little noises every once and a while.

walking back to the door, they both wore several layers, y/n wearing more than river.

river opened the door, taking a step outside with y/n doing the same soon after. "cold..." y/n mumbled again, turning her head to look to her left and right, assess how much snow there was.

her hand held tightly onto river's as they began to take a few steps. her ears intently listened to the crunching noise the snow would make as they left the vicinity of the door, it being an unfamiliar sound.

she remained apprehensive, not knowing what exactly to think about it as she walked slowly in it. it was abnormal for her to be outside in such cold weather with the addition of the white substance.

expecting y/n to be making a lot more noise than she was actually making, river looked down towards her. "scared y/n?" he gently asked. she didn't respond, too focused on her surroundings. chuckling, river let her focus - eventually letting go of her hand to let her walk on her own.

much to her dismay, she quickly looked to him, unsure with what he was doing. "walk around y/n." he told her, his tone encouraging, playful.

she did what he encouraged her to do, meekly taking cautious steps. her steps began getting farther apart, that in turn causing her to pick up speed. river watched her intently, a smile coming onto his face.

"be careful y/n, snow can be tough to walk on."

as if none of what river said was heard through y/n's ears, she suddenly began to whimper, quickly gaining river's amusement. y/n laid on her back, the sudden impact frightening her more than hurting her. river couldn't help but laugh at her.