anakin skywalker | "goodnight my little one"

omg look at him <3, too handsome
btw : padme is not alive in this scenario,
just anakin and octavia (u can change it if u'd like)

omg look at him <3, too handsomebtw : padme is not alive in this scenario, just anakin and octavia (u can change it if u'd like)

make sure to vote please !
11/5/2020

Anakin's POV

"Octavia, I'm sorry. I'll see you later." I tried reasoning with her, she just looked at me with a face of betrayal and disappointment. I knew she dealt with me leaving all the time, but I can imagine her being confused and upset with me not being with her as much as I used to. Although I'm a Jedi, someone who isn't meant to grow attachment or obsession, I couldn't help but have those two things as a parent.

I loved her, I truly did. But I still had my duties, that also I loved very much.

I waved at her and begun walking away from the room meant for octavia to be taken care of in my absence. I sighed, biting my lip as I walked down the hall towards the main part of the temple. I think leaving her, hurt me more than it hurt her.

For octavia.

Do it for her, Anakin.

Finally done with the day. Luckily nothing out of the ordinary or urgent happened today, meaning I had the evening to spend with octavia. Based on the time I probably have at least an hour and a half before she has to go to bed. I couldn't contain my smile as I approached the room I had last visited this morning.

"Good evening Jamilla."

I smiled at her, peering my head into the room. My eyes went from Jamilla to Octavia, who was playing with a stuffed animal on the ground, obviously tired. She was closing her eyes and nodding her head as she tried to stay awake. I chuckled as I came fully inside the room.

"She refused to go down for her nap earlier, I think she was waiting for you." She laughed, making me smile at her. "I can clean up for you, Jamilla. I know I asked you to come earlier than normal today." She widened her eyes.

"Really? Oh thank you sir. I haven't been able to sleep well in a few days and a few minutes extra of sleep would do me wonders." She said, pulling me in for a hug. I was taken aback, but hugged her back. She gathered her things and fled the room, leaving me with Octavia.

From what I could see there wasn't much that needed to be cleaned up. There were just a few toys on the floor. I picked them up and put them in the box with a few other toys before going over to Octavia.

Her eyes lightened up when she saw me. "Hey angel." She slowly lifted her arms over to me. I chuckled and wrapped my hands around her torso.
I brought her to my chest. She yawned and laid her head on my shoulder, her face facing away from my neck. She cuddled into me, falling into a much needed deep sleep. I kissed the back of her head and smiled to myself. I shut the lights off and made my way down the halls, to our quarters. I opened the door and turned the lights on, heading towards her room.

I got her changed into pajamas and lifted her back up. She was out, she would not be waking up tonight.

I hadn't seen her all day so I wanted to hold her for a few more minutes. I walked over to the chair in the corner and cradled her like I did when she was newly born. I crossed my leg on top of the other and leaned on my side, not taking my eyes off of her. She looked so peaceful, so similar to Padmé.

Her eyelids would flutter ever so often just like her moms once did. She pursed her lips out and curled herself into a ball. I grazed her cheek with my thumb and brought my lips to her forehead.

I stayed in that position for a few good minutes. Part of me wanted to continue holding her and watching her sleep, but the other side of me, the reasonable side, told me to leave her alone and let her sleep. The reasonable side won. I slowly came to my feet and to her crib.

I bent down and laid her down gently, still fearing she'd wake up even if I knew she wouldn't.

She moved her head from side to side and stretched a bit, making me tense up. She finally released an exhaled and relaxed. A smile crept back up onto my face as I looked down upon her. I grabbed her blanket and covered her with it. I brought my lips to her head, a gave her one final kiss.

"Goodnight my little one."