❣︎ timothée chalamet | last day of school

update about the boy : we've made plans to game together :0

age : 4
prompt final day of school reflections
comment and vote !

< 3rd person pov >

"today's your last day y/n!" timothée cooed to his daughter. she whined, laying her head on his shoulder.

     "okay, come on y/n." timothée looked down to his child, pulling at her hand. she stared at the door, adults and children going inside.

     she shook her head, looking up to her father.

     "no."

     timothée stopped pulling at her hand, looking towards the door like y/n was. his gaze returned to his daughter, his mind curious to what was making her apprehensive.

      "why y/n/n?" he bent down so they could be face to face. y/n hadn't looked to timothée, she was getting nervous. timothée carefully separated his hand from hers before placing them gently on her face.

       she looked towards him, "i don't wanna go." timothée smiled at her, trying to reassure her. "it'll be so much fun y/n..."

       y/n looked away from him and back to the door, slowly nodding. timothée kissed her head and stood up, taking her hand. they walked to the door, y/n getting closer and closer to him as they got closer to the door.

       once they were at the doorway, y/n wrapped her free arm around timothée's leg. the teacher of the class came to greet them both, making him laugh gently.

       "you must be y/n." the teacher said, bending down to look at the girl. y/n dug her head into his leg, not liking this already.

        "yes this is y/n, she's a bit shy." timothée said for his daughter. the teacher smiled softly at timothée, understandingly. "there is a seat with her name on it, you can help her find it." she explained to the man. timothée nodded, thanking her before walking inside.

       the sight of other kids came into view, making y/n cower into timothée more. she hated this, she didn't like meeting new people or being faced with unfamiliar situations.

       "y/n, here's your desk." timothée cooed quietly to his daughter. she peered to what timothée was pointing towards. he pulled her off his leg and led her towards the seat, gently pushing her down into it.

      he crouched down to her height, sighing at her expression. he kissed her head and held her hands. "you'll have a lot of fun y/n/n, and i'll be back in only a few hours. i love you princess..." he smiled, chuckling when she hugged him.

      he hugged her back, "you'll be okay." he cooed, separating from her. y/n seemed "okay", so he stood and began walking away. what he didn't expected y/n to do was run towards him and latch onto his leg. her sudden force made him stumble a bit.

       he turned his head to look at her. she had never done well with timothée leaving her, even if it was for a few minutes. not knowing when he'd be back, was scary for her. so she would try her hardest to make him stay as long as she could.

      timothée was stuck at the doorway, y/n refusing to let go of him. he felt bad for his little girl, not knowing the extent of her feelings when he'd leave.

     he was able to pry her off him, trying to look at her face. he wasn't able to, being attacked again by a tight hug. y/n didn't say anything to him, or make any noise. all she did was shakily hug him.

     "y/n/n..." he paused, patting her back, "i'll only be gone for a few hours. it's just like aunt paula's house." he whispered to her. he could feel her body tense up, her head shook from side to side.

   "don't go papa..." she whimpered, shutting her eyes. timothée couldn't give in, y/n needed to go to school and begin her education. she couldn't stay home or be with him 24/7 and she needed to understand and get used to that.

"i have to, baby." he said to her. he could hear her sniffle, making him awe. "don't cry, i'll be back in a little bit." he said, making her separate from him again. he held four fingers up, smiling when she did the same.

"promise?" she questioned. timmy wiped her cheeks with his hands, soon promising back to her. "i promise, y/n/n." he kissed her head and led her back to her seat. before timothée could leave, y/n snuck one more hug in, wanting to savor the comfort he brought her.

"i love you y/n, i promise..."

"we'll be able to hang out a bit more." he tickled her sides, finally hearing quiet giggles come from her. he set her down, letting her get into her car seat. y/n now had a tiny smile onto her face, but when timothée set her backpack down beside her. it went away.

y/n didn't have difficulty in school, in fact she was one of the smartest. she didn't struggle academically, but she did struggle socially. not once had she told timothée about someone she talked to, or the friends she had made. the social part of her was nonexistent.

timothée didn't push her, knowing extra pressure wouldn't be good to put on y/n. he couldn't force y/n to befriend someone or vice versa, all he could do was be hopeful and trust his daughter to make friendships. just because she hasn't yet, doesn't mean she won't ever.

he didn't know if having no friends was the reason she hated attending school so much.

"y/n?" timothee questioned, looking into the rear view mirror. y/n looked towards him. "yes papa?"

he smiled,"how about we get some ice cream or something after school? as a celebration."

his offer caused a smile to appear onto y/n's face, at least she had something to look forward to.

time skip

"papa!"

y/n ran towards timothée, excited to see him and get away from school. timothée was happy to see her in such state, feeling as if he didn't get to see it as often. 

y/n wrapped her arms around him, giggling happily as he lifted her up - soon spinning around with her.

"it's summer time!" he shouted to y/n, laughing with her. "and ice cream time." she added, a proud smile on her face. timothée laughed loudly, placing her back down on her feet. "and ice cream time." he repeated, taking y/n's backpack and holding it for her.

y/n grabbed onto her fathers hand, smiling brightly. he gently squeezed her hand, leading her to the car.

"anything special happen at school today, y/n/n?" he asked, helping her into the car. she shrugged, shaking her head. "not really. we watched a movie!"

timothée set her backpack on the floor of the car, before looking back at her. "what movie?"

"finding nemo!"

time skip

"i'm very proud of you, y/n."

y/n looked over to him, watching as he brought the spoon to his mouth. "thank you papa." she mumbled, doing the same as him. "you know what your teacher said to me?" y/n shook her head, looking at him.

"she said that you might be able to skip a grade," he paused, seeing her confused expression. "that means you'll have one year less of school."

her eyes widened, a small smile appearing. knowing that she wouldn't have to be in school for so long made her happy. "yay.." she beamed, continuing to eat her ice cream. "just keep learning, y/n/n...that way you'll be smarter than me."

y/n nodded, making timothée smile.

"yes papa."

[ published/edited : 6/1/2021 ]
! comment and vote please !

a/n - thank you all so much for voting on my leo story <333