❣︎ anakin skywalker | explorer

age : 8 months
prompt leaving y/n in the care of droids !!
! comment and vote please !

< anakin's pov >

"r2 and 3po, you two must keep watch on y/n. i'll only be gone for 30 minutes." i said looking in between the two droids. r2 beeped and c3po moved his arms, just like he normally does. "why of course master skywalker."

i grinned at the both of them, before looking over to y/n. she, luckily, was distracted with a few stuffed toys. over the course of a few weeks she had picked up the habit of crawling and hiding.

      "master, i didn't loose her. i swear she just vanished." i defended myself, huffing at his unamused expression.

       "anakin, may i remind you that this isn't the first time this has occurred." i rolled my eyes, not trying to respond. "whatever. but i cant find her, and i'm starting to get worried." obi-wan sighed, his feet beginning to carry him around my place.

        "fine, i'll help search. but anakin, this is my last time helping you." he sternly said. i nodded, sending him a small, grateful smile. "yes master, last time i swear."

"so she was here and then what?"

"i walked away for less than minute and when i came back she disappeared. it's been quiet since. what if she's hurt? what if she's scared?" i asked frantically. my eyes met obi's, his held patience.

"she's fine. if i know your daughter, she must've fallen asleep where ever she went to." he reassured. i nodded, beginning to look around as well.

       time skip

      "anakin."

       "yes?"

       he flipped the light switch on , his foot pushing the door to open a bit farther. there laid y/n, dead asleep, on the bath mat within the restroom. i sighed, quietly chuckling.

       "found her." he said dryly, walking away towards the front door. "please do me a favor and don't leave her unattended. who knows where she'll go once she can walk." i nodded, watching as he opened the door.

       "don't remind me..." i paused, glancing back to y/n briefly. "thank you obi-wan." he curtly nodded, before leaving.

       i squatted down, looking around at her surroundings. "y/n, how?" i quietly inquired, an amused smile gracing my face.

       i brought my hands to her arms, gently lifting them off the ground soon laying her against me. "i'm just glad you're safe, my love."

"i'll get going then, don't leave her unattended. if anything happens to her, you both are getting rebooted." i instructed, pointing down at her.

i began walking away, gladly hearing no sounds of defiant crying come from y/n. the one thing i didn't need, nor resist, was her crying. but thankfully, she's quite unaware of the people who leave and enter into her little world. she wouldn't notice my absence.

time skip

"r2 we must locate her or else we'll get rebooted and i don't need to hear your arguing either." the shorter droid again beeped in retaliation to the taller droid.
"you don't know what he would or wouldn't do!"

i heard their bickering and exchange of coded language from down the hall, making me a bit urgent to return to them 3. when i entered the room, i would by lying if i said i was surprised to only see the two metal heads.

"where is she?"

"we've seemed to misplace y/n sir." i rolled my eyes and began quickly sweeping the room to see if she was anywhere.

"do you know if she left the room?"

"no sir."

i search around the place, groaning when she wasn't in any room or any bathroom. she must've escaped through the door, therefore i went out the door in search of her.

the halls were quiet, quiet enough for quiet cooing noises to be heard. at least she's in the area...

as i observed the area i noticed the crack in the door, the open door. no wonder she managed to slip into there.

i pushed the door open and walked inside, anxious to grab y/n and get out of here before i was spotted. i scoped the area, finally hearing another noise.

the traveled towards the area and finally found her.
she sat, messing with a book, cooing to herself.

"hey silly, what are you doing in here?" she looked up at me, smiling, her eyes squinting. "come on, let's get going, before we get caught." i took the book from her grasp, placing it back in empty slot beside her. i picked her up and fled towards the door.

"someone stupidly left the door open..." i whispered to her, shutting the door. before i could take a step forward, i felt someone's presence behind me.

"what brings you here?" asked obi-wan, his tone full of attitude. i turned around, nervously laughing as i looked at him.

y/n, seeing a familiar face, made a smile appear on hers. she waved at him with a small giggle as he waved back at her.

"she crawled over here and went inside, so i just came to retrieve her." i explained. he sighed as he bent down slightly, now being eye to eye with y/n.

"always escaping somehow y/n?" he tickled her cheek and smiled when she laughed. "what can i say? she's quite the explorer." he stood up straight and reopened his door.

"keep watch on her...soon she'll be able to pick up a lightsaber." we shared laughs.

"goodnight master."

"goodnight anakin and y/n."

y/n and i watched as he walked inside and shut the door behind him. i began walking back to mine as well, laughing is relief.

"you're going to be the death of me y/n/n..."

comment and vote please !
[ published/edited : 5/10/2021]