bucky barnes | mini series *request*

request for CaptainWinter3000
thank u sm for the suggestion, i'll be sure to post the following chapter soon :)
comment and vote plz !!

request for  CaptainWinter3000 thank u sm for the suggestion, i'll be sure to post the following chapter soon :)comment and vote plz !!

destruction, devastation. it's all i could see and hear. it was surrounding me, it was the environment. the only thing noticeable in the wreck was the ear piercing cry of a child.

the sound rang in my ears, my heart telling me to locate the location of the cry. so, that's what i did. i moved mounds of rock and trash, but to no avail i hadn't found anything.

rock by rock, trash by trash, nothing. until i found the limp body of what looked to be a woman. secured in her arms was a child, very much alive. whereas the woman holding it looked to be dying, but somehow managed to still be alive, weakly breathing.

i brought my finger to my ear, pressing the button that would inform everyone on my location.

"i-i'm gonna need some help here." i breathed out. my eyes locked with the mothers. her hand trembled as it slowly came to reach out to me. i took her hand and scanned her face with my eyes.

"we're gonna get help, stay strong alright?" she didn't respond. i don't know if it was to save energy or if she just couldn't find the strength to say anything. my eyes traveled down to the child in her arms, it looked no older than a few weeks.

what i guessed was that once the explosion happened, she tried to block her child from the debris. the woman's grip on my hand loosened, making me look at her. her mouth was open, her eyes staring up at the sky above. her chest wasn't rising up and down.

i heard footsteps behind and saw steve. "we need to get her to a hospital or something steve."

i took the child out of the woman's arms and saw a small cut on the side of its face.

"she's not alive, buck."

i shook my head looking down at the child.
"i'll protect you."

ever since that day, i haven't regretted the detrimental decision i made. y/n was thriving in my care and i couldn't be happier. after all the bad things i've done in my dark past, doing something as great as raising y/n made me forget about everything.

she was my life, she loved me and i loved her.

in the 10 months i've had her we've been through everything together, one of my personal favorite moments being within the seventh month i had her.

i eyed steve from the corner. he was holding y/n, pointing at his shield that rested on the couch. from the looks of things steve seemed to be enjoying his time with her, but y/n seemed to be unsure about it.

although steve was my pal, something about him holding my life, made me a bit nervous. i lent against the counter and watched the two interact with each other. steve definitely enjoyed this encounter more than y/n.

she looked over at me, pursing her lips out. she began to whimper, causing steve's old man skills to try and comfort her. her rubbed her stomach and talked to her.

"it's okay lil one."

i took that as my que to take her before she decided to get too upset. i smiled at her and kissed her cheek, walking away from steve. "it's alright bubs."
"i don't think she likes me, whenever i hold her she just wants to escape." i giggled. "what can i say?-

"she's a daddies girl." natasha interrupted me. "but she loves aunt natasha." she smiled, gently pinching her cheek. i smiled and looked over to steve. "what she said."

"now if you'll excuse us, we will be enjoying a ripe plum and a nice long disney movie."