❣︎ jj maybank | inseparable

guys. the boy i'm talking to made a playlist for me...

age : 5
prompt stray animals are just soon to be furry friends
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"come on, follow me!" the young girl shouted proudly, turning around to smile at the dog following behind her. the dogs legs shuffled through the grass, straying behind her.

a smile perked up onto the girls face seeing her father not too far away. she picked up speed, laughing when the dog behind her did as well.

"daddy!" she squealed, running towards the chateau. jj smiled down at her, but that smile faltered once he saw the dog following after her.

"look what i found!" she yelled pointing at the dog.

the dog was small, puppy-ish - but would definitely get bigger. the dog sat beside y/n's legs, happily panting. "where'd you find him?" he quiestioned her quietly. "me and uncle b saw him at the wreck!" as she said that, john b made his way towards the chateau, a guilty expression etched onto his face.

"y/n, you ready?" john b asked, looking to the girl sitting beside him. she nodded, happily spinning in the barstool. "leaving me already?" kie asked the girl, smiling brightly at her.

     y/n giggled, jumping off her seat, soon walking to kiara. kiara lifted her up, smiling when y/n wrapped her arms around her neck. "i'll see you later kiki!" she said, a wide smile on her face. kiara nodded, kissing her cheek. "i'll see you later mama."

    kiara set her down, smiling at john b. "bye guys."

john b led y/n outside the wreck, heading home. y/n being the observant child she was, noticed a dog laying on the grass, it's head resting on the top of its paws.

    "b! look!" she said looking at him. due to the sudden attention, the dogs head perked up. before y/n could walk towards it, john b grabbed her arm protectively. "y/n, you gotta be careful. if you want to pet it, you need to walk slowly towards it and let it smell your hand first, okay?" he explained to her, holding onto her before letting her go.

at this moment john b was responsible for y/n, and if he brought her home with a bite mark jj would kill him - so he'd rather be safe than sorry.

y/n brought her hand slowly to its nose, her eyes widening when it sniffed her hand. it soon licked her hand, that signaling to y/n that she had gained permission to touch it. as she rubbed its head, its tail begun to wag. y/n laughed, turning her head to look at her uncle figure. he walked to the dog, doing the same as y/n, before petting its back.

     the dog licked y/n's face, making her giggle. her back was against john b's chest, her hands on its face. john b stood up, placing his hand on y/n's head. "we gotta get goin y/n, remember we're goin surfing?"

    y/n nodded, petting the dogs head one final time before turning away from it. she walked beside john b for a while, talking to him about what she was learning in school. john b was interested in what she had to say. years had gone by so quick.
y/n could walk, talk and run - she had gotten older and that was a shock to everyone involved in her life. everyone wanted to savor moments with the girl, finding them special.

"i don't like math, it's stupid." she complained, emphasizing her frustration with the subject. john b snickered, "it is stupid, but stick with it and pay attention...that way you'll be smarter than your dad."