poe dameron | day together *request*

request for imnotthere03 i hope you enjoy :)
*memories/ thoughts are in italics.*

Ria Saffron Dameron.

"Good morning my little pilot." I cooed, seeing her stand up, her hands gripping onto the bar of the crib. I sent her a smile as I lifted her out. "You know what we're gonna do today? We're gonna go to a meeting, fix some things and see your favorite people!" I whispered shouted, kissing her tear stained face.
She yawned and rubbed her droopy eyes with her fists.

time skip: 5-10 minutes

With minimal cries and whimpers, I got Ria dressed into a dress Leia had gotten for Ria when she was newborn. Now that she's a little over a year old now, she can fit into it.

Now the hair, oh boy.

Even though Ria was a year and 3 months old, she had a full head of hair.
Thick, brown, curly hair.
I always had trouble doing her hair because of how much there was of it, but Rey has been helping me learn.

"Alright precious, are you gonna be nice me today and let me do your hair?" She glanced at me and babbled, not knowing what I was saying. 
I managed to put her hair in a little ponytail. It was good enough in my opinion, I'm sure Rey would fix it sometime during the day.

I walked out of my "apartment" and migrated to the cafeteria. A smile spread across my face looking into the windows of the cafeteria. I could see Rey and Finn talking to one another. I opened the doors and walked to the pair, sending them both a smile. Finn smiled at me, but Rey gravitated towards Ria.

"Good morning pretty girl." Rey cooed to her, reaching to take her from my hip. She smothered her face in kisses, receiving the well known sound of her giggles. I smiled and properly greeted Finn.

As a few minutes went by I noticed that Rey seemed to completely forget I was here. I turned to greet her, but she was still cooing and smiling to Ria. I didn't mind though, she was making Ria happy and Ria was making Rey happy. Finn and I both stared at them, watching their interactions. Rey must've felt Finn and i's stares because she looked up and glanced at both of us.

"Oh yes, good morning Poe." I laughed.  "Good morning Rey." We all moved to the breakfast line. Ria waved at Finn and I as we grabbed our trays. The person serving us placed food on our trays and put an extra side of oatmeal on my tray. I thanked her and sat at the table we did every morning.

Rey fed Ria some of the oatmeal as we ate ours. I enjoyed having breakfast with the people I deemed family, it's something I looked forward to everyday.

time skip; give it take 30-45 minutes

The four of us split up after breakfast. Ria and I went to the center of the base, where the meeting would be held.

Leia ordered me to come early, she didn't bother going into specifics. Her exact words being,
"Come early, don't ask any questions just do it."

I did as I was told and went to find Princess Leia. I saw her gazing out looking at the stars in the galaxy. I snickered and walked towards her, moving Ria from my left side to my right.

"Leia, you wanted to see me?"
She smiled and walked up to me, immediately reaching for Ria.

Of course

I smiled and let Leia take her, I know losing Ben to the dark side was hard for her. So if holding Ria temporarily took that pain away, so be it.

"Shes so beautiful, she's a spinning image of y/n." She said, smiling at Ria. I smiled and nodded. Ria did look exactly like y/n. Same eyes, same thick curly hair, same face shape. I could only hope Ria gets her personality. "She's growing up too fast." I sighed. Leia laughed, nodding. "Oh I remember seeing her when she was so tiny and frail."

Through my clouded eyes I could see the pink face of my daughter. I felt more tears fall from my eyes. My poor child would grow up without her mother, I would raise her in my lonesome. Ria would never know how much of a kind soul y/n was.

"I'm so sorry."

"I remember like it was yesterday."
That day was bittersweet. It was the day Ria's life started, but also the day y/n's life ended.

Leia told me to go wait in the meeting area with everyone else, but to leave Ria with her. I did and sat with Finn and Rey. We talked and laughed until it started. Leia walked in with Ria on her hip. I smiled and waved at Ria, seeing her smile, letting her dimples that were embedded into her face show. She waved and smiled at everyone she passed.

Ugh, she's too adorable

To sum up the meeting, all the pilots had to check their ships, or x-wings so we could prevent mechanical issues from happening in the long run. That was an easy task for me. Not to brag but I'm a good pilot if I say so myself. I took Ria from Leia and went down to the cock pit, walking straight to my x-wing.

"You wanna help me princess?" I cooed, setting her down on the ground, watching her stand up.

We stayed for several hours, taking an hour and half break so we could both rest our eyes. But the time reached 7:37, meaning it was time to go back home. My x-wing was up to shape and Ria was about to pass out from exhaustion. It was very entertaining to watch her try and stay awake.

I opened my door and walked straight to Ria's room. I got her dressed for bed and unknowingly started talking to her.

"Your momma loved to correct me when I did something wrong, Ria. If I used the wrong tool, she wouldn't let me hear it down." I chuckled, rubbing her back.

"She was so kind, smart, funny and was definitely the best pilot I knew. She had some good lightsaber skills too." I sighed.

"She would've loved you and you would've loved her. I'll do my best to raise you like she would've wanted. You're gonna be my strong little pilot, Ria." I glanced to the left and saw Ria fast asleep on my shoulder. My eyes softened at the sight. I could feel her tiny, relaxed breaths on my neck and could hear her tiny snores. I smiled and gently laid her down, tucking her in. I grazed her cheek with my thumb and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight my love."

I hope you enjoyed :)
also if you noticed ria's middle name is saffron, which happens to be a spice. iykyk
so sorry this came late, but i had fun writing it ! thanks for the suggestion :)
insta: slutforpeliculas
sorry for the self promo but if you could check out my outsiders imagines and my Jonathan Brandis book that'd be amazing !
comment and vote, it'd be greatly appreciated !