❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | fishes

a / n : this scenario takes place during 'romeo and juliet' specifically the fish tank scene, lmao idk it seemed cute in thought. sorry it's a bit short :(

age : 7 months
prompt animals always attract y/n's attention, no matter where or when
! comment and vote please !

< leo's pov >

throughout the filming today of romeo and juliet, i could see from afar that y/n was mesmerized by the fish tank that was used for one of the scenes. i figured that while i was on my break and she was here, i'd take her over to it - knowing that would most likely be the highlight of her day.

"that's a cat." i whispered to y/n, sitting down onto the couch. she sat atop my lap, staring directly at the pet my mom had recently adopted.

y/n had always been keen of animals. always cooing at the animated animals she saw in movies and always waving at passing dogs on the streets. she loved them, but had never been faced with one.

i extended my hand out to the cat, letting her smell my hand. the cat purred, moving its head against my hand. i smiled, petting the white patch of fur on her head. "ooo.." y/n cooed, pointing towards her.

"you want to touch her, y/n?" i asked, glancing down towards her. she looked up towards my face, a wide smile on hers. i giggled, kissing her cheek. "alright, you gotta be nice though..."

i moved y/n a little closer to the cat, still close to me. the cat purred against my hand once i extended it towards her again. she liked to be pet and loved on, so hopefully y/n wouldn't provoke her.

i let go of y/n, feeling her lean against my forearm. with y/n's hand in my grasp, i brought it towards the cat - letting her sniff y/n's little hand.

the cat seemed a little apprehensive, yet granted her permission to touch her. i brought y/n's hand to her chest, letting her feel her fur. y/n went quiet, only smiling. "do you like her y/n/n?"

y/n had a cheeky smile, her satisfaction with the encounter being visible. "i'm glad."

"do you wanna see all the fishies, y/n/n?"

she cooed as she extended her arm in the direction of the fish tank, pointing at all the colorful fish. i smiled and made my way over with her. i could hear a tiny gasp escape her lips when we had arrived and couldn't blame her, the colorful fishes were breathtaking.

i pointed at a yellow one that happened to be swimming by. she touched the glass and giggled at it.

i pointed at another that was burrowing itself into the sand, glancing at her face to see her eyes follow my finger. she brought her hand to her mouth and began chewing on it, managing to laugh with her fist stuffed in her mouth. a lot of the fish had gone to the other side of the tank, so i decided to go over there as well. just to give y/n the full experience.

i moved y/n to my other side swiftly as i walked to the other side of the tank, noticing her attention never leave the fish.

she pointed at another one, her hand meeting the glass barrier - leaving a small amount of slobber on the glass. i brought my sleeve to the glass and began rubbing it, removing the spit.

doing just that, took me aback afterwards.
not even a year ago, would i have been disgusted by such thing. but now that i have y/n, things like spit don't gross me out. i've been thrown up on, peed on, etc. so a little bit of spit did no harm.

"oooo!" i chuckled, hearing y/n coo to them all. she looked up at me before pointing at a big blue one that passed by. i nodded my head and pointed at it too, letting her know that i saw it.

"leonardo! we need you on set in 5 minutes!"
i huffed, before looking in the direction of the director. "alright!"

i looked down at y/n and then to the fishes, "alright 5 more minutes, i'll just pretend you needed me so i'll get excused for being late." i explained to her, knowing she didn't know what i said.

the next five minutes consisted of y/n easily being entertained by the slightest movement of any of the fish, giggling and smiling. i had fun and i was glad she did too.

"say bye bye to the fishes y/n/n." i cooed, demonstrating how to wave. "bye bye." i whispered, smiling. she brought her fist to her mouth again, still looking at them all. i bit my lip and made my way back over to my mom, the person who had brought her here in the first place.

i turned the corner and kissed y/n's face repeatedly, making up for hardly seeing her today.
"i love you y/n/n." i cooed to her.

once i reached my mom, i wrapped my free arm around her, thanking her for coming. she took y/n from my arms and looked at her, taking her fist out of her mouth.

"bye y/n/n, i'll see you later." i explained, watching her lips form into a smile, whilst extending her hand out to me. i held her hand and kissed her forehead, soon letting go. i begun walking away, turning around briefly to wave at y/n, before scurrying off to set.

"leo, you're late." the director said, a mix of amusement and frustration in his tone. i shrugged and smiled at him.

"sorry, but y/n needed me."

! comment and vote please !
[ republished/edited : 7/21/2021 ]