❣︎ leonardo dicaprio | graduation (aged up! reader)

thank u @stephy695 for suggesting this ! <3

age : 17
prompt highschool graduation
comment and vote !

< 3rd person pov >

her eyes scanned the crowd, hoping to see him.

she was torn, having doubts of him showing. knowing him and his career, he could be needed and would have to go. but he wouldn't miss her highschool graduation would he?

he had missed a lot of things she deemed important due to his career. she never told him about the things he missed that hurt her, not wanting him to feel bad or guilty about it.

but she was staring to worry when she didn't see him. today was the ending of her highschool career, the beginning of adult life.

would he really miss it?

she huffed in disappointment, but tried her best to look past that. today was her day, she should celebrate everyday of dealing with corrupt bullshit, shit teachers and awful students, she was finally done.

a small smile appeared on her face, clapping as the people in front of her got their name called.

when it was time for y/n to start school, he didn't put her in a private education, wanting her to have the same education experience as everyone else. he didn't want to install in her that she was better than other people. luckily for them both, that payed off.

she wasn't stuck up in the eyes of those around her, and sure there had been a fair share of fake friendships, but along with that there had been real ones. ones she would cherish for a long time.

time skip

"y/n dicaprio."

with a smile on her face, she walked across the stage, shaking the hands of the teachers she had a bit of hatred for. among the crowd in the bleachers in fact held leo.

when her name had been called, he went ballistic, feeling proud for his child. he screamed and clapped, wanting everyone to know that his child, had graduated.

she didn't notice, not being able to hear him from her spot in the stadium. she smiled as she shook her teachers hand, taking the rolled piece of paper out of his hand. she continued walking, soon down the stairs and down the isle - heading back to her seat.

she didn't feel as happy and excited as she felt she should, but she smiled brightly - not wanting her dissatisfaction to ruin other people's moods. she tried her hardest to not let her happy persona faultier, even though she wanted it too.

time skip

the ceremony was officially over. her friends scurried off to their families, leaving her in her lonesome. she sighed and looked down at the diploma in her hands, her mind slipping from her surroundings and the people around her.

leo, could see her from afar, the realization finally hitting him that she didn't know he was there. he quietly sighed, his hand squeezing the stems of her favorite flowers he made sure to get for her.

he wanted to get to her as fast as he could, wanting to tell her how proud he was, how beautiful she looked in her graduation outfit - overall just how excited and happy he was for her and her future.

he felt a bit sad when he looked at her expression, seeing it look disappointed. he knew that look too well. the thought of everything he had missed in her life ashamed him, his biggest regrets revolved around him not being there for every accomplishment or moment with her.