❣︎ timotheé chalamet | comfort

age : 5
prompt no matter what, timothée will always be there for his daughter
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"papa, i wanna go home." quietly said y/n into the phone - trying her best to stay calm, not wanting to completely crumble in front of the adults within the room with her.

she had a very hard time though. a small whimper unintentionally came out, testing her ability to control the wave pool of emotion begging to seep out. on the other end of the line timotheé listened intently to the one sentence she said.

he knew how much she didn't like school, but never had she once called him. in this moment though she was, and she was requesting to go home. he felt tense, understanding she was in a moment of stress...stress she hoped he could rescue her from.

she knew he could, she just hoped he would.

"okay, i'll be there soon y/n." he said gently into his phone, gathering his keys from the countertop. as he locked the front door behind him, he could hear her quiver of a voice respond. "okay papa."

"stay calm okay? you're doing great y/n." he said to her. "okay papa." she repeated. "i'm on my way right now, i promise." he cooed to her.

the call didn't last much longer after that, but timotheé waited until y/n hung up before placing his phone in his pocket.

he still didn't know the reason behind y/n's call of distress. therefore, he was worried...in the dark with the entire situation.

it took a bit of time to arrive at the school y/n resided in due to the length between their house and y/n's school, but when he arrived, he quickly got out - worrying for his child.

he briskly walked towards the school and soon inside - quickly nearing the office.

once he was in the office he saw her.

she sat alone, her backpack beside her feet and her eyes red from tears and irritation. he could feel his heart hurt at the sight of her.

upon seeing him, y/n quickly stood up - her backpack soon on her shoulders. she stayed quiet as she approached him, being mindful that they weren't only people in the room. as timothée made small talk with the office women, he placed his left hand on the side of her head, giving her a small amount of comfort.

"you two have a good day." the woman said, smiling. timothée smiled back, thanking her. he gently grasped his childs hand, leading her out the office. they walked silently for a few seconds until they were outside the building.

now not being around people, she felt she didn't have the mindset nor need to hold anything in any longer. she let out a small huff, tears slipping from her eyes.

timothée heard the noise she made and he felt the slight pressure quickly squeezed around his hand. he looked down to her. she brought her right hand to her eyes, wiping her tears away.

timothée didn't "baby" her often, knowing she wasn't one to love the feeling of being babied - but when something like this seemingly affected her, he felt the need too and she accepted it. he slowed in his pace, quickly picking her up with minimal difficulty. "it's okay y/n, i'm here." he whispered, gently placing his hand against her head.

letting her cry was best. she'd be getting her emotion out, hopefully letting the thought go too. he never wanted her to hold her thoughts and sadness inside, aware that overtime it would build...so he was happy she let it out, showing him what was causing her to be upset.