❣︎ jj maybank | twins

age : 8 months
prompt frustration, stress and a short fuse
comment and vote !

< 3rd person pov >

he sat on the dock with his back slouched, his shoulders hunched. his expression being indifferent.

"she's out j..." john b said quietly, walking to sit beside him. jj nodded in response, scratching at the back of his neck.

    "y/n, come on, it's bedtime." he pleaded to her. in retaliation, she whined, pushing away from his chest. he sighed, walking out the room, closing the door behind to not awake his son.

    "no crying, y/n. we woke bubba up once already we don't wanna wake him up again do we?" he shushed her, moving around with her as he tried to get her back to sleep.

      she whimpered, her lip pouting out. he patted her back, forcing her to lay on him. "why you gotta be so difficult, baby girl?" he quietly asked, rubbing her back - sighing again as she whined.

      it didn't take long before she started crying, becoming frustrated with her father. jj's patience with her was wearing thin too. he had already been through this once before only an hour earlier. the first time resulted in her waking her brother up and it took a while for jj to put them both back to sleep.

    but y/n, rewoke, seeking affection from the person she adored most. she became frustrated with his lack of enthusiasm, causing her to now be annoyed and cranky - the same as jj.

      jj, considered himself to have a lot of patience, especially now with y/n and y/b/n, and he did. but with stress, lack of sleep, thoughts of school and a restless y/n...things became overwhelming at times. but he couldn't just abandon everything.

      luckily the pogues tended to him before he could get to that point. no matter how many times they assured him he wasn't burden, he couldn't help but think that way. living with john b in the chateau, with his kids, who both cry excessively added to that feeling.

       "come on mama, shh." he again pleaded to his daughter. he groaned, her hands pressing on his shoulder, her feet softly kicking his abdomen.

      he was trying his best to stay calm and collected, but his fuse was running short. "hey j, lemme see her. you go sit down." john b interrupted, sensing his friend's frustration. jj, for once, didn't oppose his offer. he handed her over to him, rubbing his face, his fingers massaging his scalp.

     "go outside, i got her." john b ordered, cooing to little girl in his arms. jj nodded, leaving the chateau. john b smiled down at y/n, kissing her check.

      "causing trouble huh y/n?" he chuckled, repositioning her. "you know he's trying his best right?" he paused, tickling her stomach, smiling gently when she whined, pushing his hand away. "you being a little demon makes it hard sometimes." he finished, walking around slowly, knowing that would begin to lull her to sleep.

       jj watched him from outside, huffing as he heard her cries die down. "what the fuck am i doing wrong?" he asked, chucking a rock into the water not too far from him.

      he sat...defeated, tired.

"you alright man?"

jj didn't respond straight away, the question taking time to sink in. "am i a good parent?" his posture didn't change, but there suddenly was a tense silence.