❣︎ timothée chalamet | separation anxiety

a/n : job update : i've turned my application in and now i'm waiting for a call back :)) AND i posted another chapter to my leonardo dicaprio book - so go show it some love !!!

age : 11 months
prompt separation anxiety is a hard thing to live with, especially when it comes to timothée and y/n
! comment and vote please !

< 3rd person pov >

"y/n's missing you more than ever right now." his mother mused, turning her phone to face her granddaughter. the time was 10:56 in new york, too late for the young girl, but her aching heart kept her awake.

timothée smiled at the sight, missing his daughter as well. due to being around timothée 24/7, she had gained separation anxiety. timothée brought y/n joy and comfort, but every time he'd leave - all those things would get ripped away from her as well. she had a hard time with coming to terms with being apart from him.

it was similar to a withdraw for her and they always varied. the main effect of timothée leaving her with trusted people was that she'd cry... a lot.

that could span from a few minutes to a few hours, it depended on the day for her. this was only the first day out of 5 for y/n, yet she already found it unbearable - not having seen him all day. timothée could imagine how little sleep not only his parents, but y/n would be getting this week.

"y/n!" timothée cooed. hearing the familiar voice such as his, caused her attention to snap towards the source of sound. her cries barely slowed, having a goal in her mind to find her father whom she wanted desperately.

she crawled towards her grandmother, sobbing as her chubby palms reached for her. laughing, his mother picked her up, turning the camera back around to face them both.

"you see who's on the screen?" his mother cooed. now seeing timothée's face, caused her cries to completely pause. "hi my love." he brightly smiled, his heart hurting that he couldn't physically be there, to actually speak the kind words she loved so much.

"i miss you too, my little princess."

     "hey y/n/n, it's okay - i'm right here." he cooed to his baby, lifting her up from the playmat she sat and played on. his sister eyed them both from afar, seeing them interact with each other, as if it had been years since they saw each other last. for y/n and timothée, it might as well been a few years.

     y/n couldn't stand to be away from him, being away from him while she slept was enough and she'd always do anything in her small range of power to be with him. timothée found it adorable, but also felt a bit sad for her.

      she must've been so stressed when he left, not knowing when or if he'd return. guilt was the main emotion he felt when her meltdowns related to his absence would occur.

      having her sleep on her own was the first step he tried his hardest to get her to do. hearing her cry for longer than a few minutes was torture for him, especially when he knew how to get her to stop.

      he had a weak mindset when it came to his daughter.

     he often worried about her future whenever he'd leave her - not knowing how his absence would affect her as a child, teenager or an adult. separation anxiety was a real thing and he could imagine it being a hard thing to overcome, but he didn't know how to practice with y/n without cracking under the pressure that was her cries.

      it was a lot harder than it sounded.

y/n had calmed down, resting her head against his. timothée could feel her heartbeat against his chest, causing him to pout. she of course was stressed and anxious from being apart, causing her little heart to beat pretty fast.

"i'm sorry for leaving y/n/n..." he cooed, his hand rubbing her back, his eyes shutting as he savored the affection they shared. "i hate leaving you.."

"how has she been mom?" timothée pondered, breaking his gaze with y/n to look at his mother's face. his mom looked down at her upset grandchild, softly sighing.

"i think everything is hitting her now at once, she's been crying for a few minutes without stopping." she paused, laughing quietly. "you were the same way. im sure she takes after you."

timothée laughed, nodding his head. "i'm sure of it."
he paused.

"i'm not sure if it will help much, but i packed one of my hoodies in one of the bags. it might help her sleep," timothée suggested. his mom nodded. "i'll be sure to check for it. i'm sure once she'll calm down she'll fall asleep, she must be exhausted." she cooed.

timothée nodded. "i hope she does, for your sake."

time skip

"hello?"

y/n's head lifted up off of her grandmothers chest, recognizing the voice.

"y/n/n?" he cooed, a large smile on his face in search for her. y/n pushed away from her chest, peering to see the person she had missed for days. he wasn't in the room, making y/n whimper.

his footsteps became louder, his presence getting closer. when his head came into sight, y/n smiled, cooing loudly.

timothée saw her too, smiling towards her - that causing her to gain even more glee. the distance between them two was non existent at this point. timothée reached for his daughter, quickly pulling her close to him.

her cheek was pressed against his, his hand softly touching her head. "i barely made it without you,
y/n/n."

"they've been reunited!"
his mother shouted, smiling as she stood up.

"mom, does this get any easier?"

"honey, i'll be honest with you, it probably won't, but it will become a bit more bearable over time."

"i hope it does."

[ published/edited : 7/1/2021 ]
! comment and vote please !