Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirty Eight:

Della woke with a start, tumbling from the love seat. She landed on the floor with a yelp, scrambling up to her feet.

Clattering echoed from the kitchen, she leaned to her side, trying to get a peak into the other room.

"What the hell?" Luther groaned, slowly pulling himself up from the couch, out of his own bout of sleep.

Della crept towards the doorway, slurping echoing out into the open.

Five was standing in the light of the fridge, tossing back whatever he had taken. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve, turning to face her.

"Are you good?" She questioned, a brow raising.

"I'm gonna need to be hydrated." He heaved, marching over to the table pushed up against the wall.

"Hydrated?" Luther questioned.

Five grabbed a bottle of baby powder that was tucked away on the table top, flipping it open and shoving it into his shirt, dusting his under arms. Della pursed her lips, unsure of what was happening. He looked crazed, hair sticking up and eyes jumping all over the place. When he was done with his underarms, he shrugged, moving the waist of his shorts forward and dumping some down there.

"Um, why the baby powder?" She crossed her arms, "Why with any of this?"

"It'll help with the itching."

Luther's nose crinkled, "What itching? There's itching— what the hell is going on here?"

He stared over at them, brows furrowing. Della's eyes widened, "You do have a plan!"

Five shook his head, "Well, it's a desperation move, but, since my brain dead siblings are incapable of meeting a simple deadline, I got no choice. I've got to find myself."

She snickered, "Did you join Klaus' cult?"

He rolled his eyes, rushing out into the living room. They followed him out, watching as he paused and began stretching. Della wondered what the hell this plan was, and how crazy it was going to be.

"No," He told her, standing up straight. He looked to the watch still strapped to his wrist, "I just arrived in Dallas 15 minutes ago."

Luther stepped forward, "Should we be worried about you?"

I just arrived in Dallas 15 minutes ago.

Della's eyes widened, "Oh my god— you're a genius!"

"What— what?" Luther looked down at her.

She grinned, "He was here on a task in '63, to make sure Kennedy died."

The man turned to his brother, "So there's just your old self walking around town?

"Precisely."

Della nodded, "And with a briefcase. One that can get us back."

Luther clapped his hands, "Oh my god! Five, you're a genius."

"However," Five raised his voice, "There are two significant problems with this plan. Problem number one: I am a trained assassin, arguably the most dangerous assassin in the space time continuum. If I know me, I'm not going to react kindly to bumping into myself."