Eight

Chapter Eight:

Della's mind wandered as she followed Five, Diego and his friend up the stairs to Elliott's apartment, still struggling to place the woman. She knew the woman recognized her, and the quick glint of her dark eyes was proving that it wasn't a good thing.

She trailed in last, hearing a gun's safety click off as the others stopped in the middle of the living room. Della moved next to Five, on the end of their little line as Elliott stood pointing a rifle at them, looking very angry. "Where did you get the film? The Frankel Footage. The truth this time."

Della patted Five on the back, "Speak up, old man."

"Do you know this lunatic?" Deigo questioned.

"No," Della snorted, "We've just barged into his house and he's completely cool with that, but it's the film he has issue with."

Diego shook his head, turning and staring at Five, who only sighed. "New acquaintance. He's harmless."

"Are you sure about that?" The woman questioned, eyeing Elliott.

Elliott stepped forward, they all froze, meeting his gaze. "Are you or are you not an enemy of the people?"

Five and Diego shared an amused look, digesting the question. "Such an open ended question, yeah." "Really depends on the people."

Della inched forward, he turned the gun to her. "Move one more muscle and I'll blow your brains out."

"You want to take this or should I?" Diego asked Five, who only shook his head with an amused smile. "No, I got it."

But Della could predict his next move, after spending so much time with him it was easy. Five blinked out, and she could see Diego out of the corner of her eye begin to make his own move.

"Lila." He muttered, blocking the woman.

Della sighed as Five reappeared in front of Elliott, but before he could grab the weapon she raised her hand with a sly smile as it flew to her, catching it with a wink in his direction.

"To slow." She watched as Five appeared in front of her, "Your age is really catching up to you."

"We're the same age, Adella."

She shrugged, handing the rifle over. He emptied the cartridge of bullets before tossing the gun onto the floor, looking back to Elliott with a sigh.

"Who's good at knots?" Della questioned, "Because I'm terrible at them."

Elliott's eyes widened, "What?"

Diego huffed, lunging forward and grabbing the man by his arms. Della wandered over to the hallway, searching through closets to find some sort of rope or string. Each closet turned up nothing expect for a few roles of duck tape, but when she returned to the living room the group had moved into a new area, this one set up to be a makeshift projector room. A sheet hung in the doorway, lights off with nothing but the glow of the old projector. Someone else must've found rope as Diego was finishing up tying Elliott to a chair, she tossed a roll of tape at him, which he caught in a graceful wave of his hand.

Five stepped away from the projector, glancing to see that the other's were finished their tasks. He inserted the film and clicked play, a whirling sound clicked on as the picture flooded the white sheet.

"Is it on?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? There's an "on" button. Just--"

Della crossed her arms, remaining next to Five as Diego sat down, everyone's eyes trained on the film in front of them. "There's something over-- that jigga-ma-thing, whatever."