Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five:

"First off, I wanna say I'm sorry."

The Hargreeves family stared at Five in disbelief, trying to decipher if his apology was sincere or just apart of another show.

"Did he just—"

"Yeah, I think." Diego muttered, cutting Klaus off mid sentence.

Five's jaw clenched as he assessed the room, the only one standing, looking down at them all. "I know I really screwed the pooch on this whole going back in time and getting stuck thing. But the real kick in the pants here is we brought the end of the world with us."

Klaus gasped, "Oh my god, again? All of you knew? Why am I always the last one to find out about the end— Oh my god, my cult is gonna be so pissed! Five! I told them we had until 2019."

"Hold up." Della chimed in, staring at the man. "You have a cult?"

He nodded, "A damn good one, too."

"You can't be serious."

He looked to her, eyes half closed. "I remember you."

"Well, it's good to know I'm memorable."

Klaus smiled, "You weren't in a very good mood last time we met."

"Yes, considering I had just fallen through a vortex with your brother and realized I looked like a child again." Della said, "And, that I had nowhere to go. That I knew I had to leave."

Diego snorted, "Oh yeah. When you stormed out, I've never seen Five run that fast—"

"Can we focus here, please?" Five huffed, "Will everybody just listen to me for once? We have until Monday. Six days."

Klaus sighed, shaking his head. "Is it Vanya?"

Everyone sent him a glare, which he shrugged off. "What? It's usually Vanya."

The woman's eyes flickered to each sibling, a mixture of sadness and confusion, having no idea what she did, or if she truly did it. Della wondered what it was like, to loose your memory. On one side, she saw it as a blessing, especially for people like them. You get a new start, you can be anything you'd like, you can be the person you've always wanted to be. You can be more than just a black hole, filled with emptiness and loneliness, of not being able to trust anybody, always watching your back. But then again, you've lost everything. Any family you have, the memories of childhood, of milestones, anything with familiarity. Gone, and you're the only one who doesn't remember.

Sometimes Della wished she could forget, even if just for a moment. Even if it meant for a little while she didn't have to suppress everything, pretend she was alright, and everything was okay. If she told herself that enough, for a while it was like she was. But with more being shoved back, locked inside the darkest part of her mind— the more the door began to shake, reeling at the relief of it opening, letting go of it all.

But she couldn't. Showing weakness would only get her killed, and she'd learned all she needed to know in her time of hide and seek. She learned that from Five, one who she always worried about. If he ever broke, the world would shake with his rage. That could cause the world to end in itself.

"He's been planning to kill Kennedy."

"Maybe."

Della pursed her lips, adverting her gaze from the floor. She met Five's gaze, a flick of concern, quickly changing back to mild annoyance as he looked to Diego. "But we don't know who or what sets doomsday into motion."

"Could it really be Kennedy?" Della questioned.

Alison snickered from her end of the couch, "Has Diego finally cracked a case?"