Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

On either side, both Hargreeves brothers were getting the shit kicked out of them. Della frowned, watching as Diego took on two of the three brothers while the biggest one was attacking Five on the other side of the hallway.

Five crashed into the wall, a thud sounding much to loud. Della was off in an instant, her feet carrying her to the largest brother. She reached her arm out, willing the man to back off. She felt the familiar tingle in her hand, radiating off of her finger tips, but the man only jerked back once, regaining his composure and lunging at her. Della dived out of the way, dodging his punch and stumbling to a stop next to Five.

"Powers not working?" He huffed, chest heaving.

"Apparently not." She groaned, shoving him away from the brother's next move. She ducked, cursing under her breath. "This is never going to work."

"What?" Five shouted, blinking in behind the man. He wrapped his arm around his neck, swinging around until the brother flung him off.

"We're both the size of ants compared to big foot here." She charged him, grabbing ahold of his arm and twisting it back, she went for the other one but missed, it coming and grabbing ahold of her shoulder, throwing her to the floor. She yelped, a shock running down her body. A meaty hand wrapped around her throat, squeezing the life out of her. Della wiggled under his grip, trying to ignore the blue of Five's many jumps over them, attempting to get him off of her. "Shit."

She clawed at his hand, the dead look in his eyes scaring her more than the hand trying to suffocate her.

Not again. Her brain screamed, Never again.

Her body stung, like a lightening bolt shooting across her. Starting at her neck, where his hands were, shooting down throughout her feet.

Della didn't realize she was screaming until the hand around her throat disappeared, and when her eyes opened, when she didn't realize they had been closed, he was above her, stuck to the ceiling above with wide eyes. She gasped, her own hand grazing her throat as Five quickly got her to her feet, eyes just as wide as hers and the man on the ceiling.

"Holy shit." He muttered, "That's new."

Della coughed, glancing to the other side of the hall. If the two others had paused, it was gone. Diego continued to fight them, seemingly winning.

When the man hit the ground, it was a sickening sound. He made no audible noise, only laid there on the decorative rug in silence.

"Are you alright?" She took a deep breath, scanning Five over.

"Yes. Are you?"

"Mhm." She huffed, "I'm not a fan of all these people trying to strangle me."

Diego let out a grunt, they both turned to see him struggling against the two other brothers.

"Watch out—"

Lila came from nowhere, running towards them. Five had managed to shove her out of the way as the other woman jumped on a narrow table and kicked off the wall, wrapping her legs around the man's neck, struggling until she rolled onto the floor, taking him down with her.

"I guess he still had some energy in him." Della muttered, "I didn't hear him get up."

Lila jumped onto her feet, heels kicked astray along the floor. She rolled her eyes, attention on Five. "You're welcome."