Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine:

"Is she gonna be okay?"

Five shook his head angrily, "I've been looking for her all night."

Diego gave his brother a sad look, "Nothing?"

"Well she isn't here, is she!"

"Calm down." Luther spoke up, "She's probably fine."

"There are people out to kill her."

"We're in the same situation."

Five huffed, the sun finally peaking out against the thick sheet of clouds. They were outside Elliott's, they'd been trying to convince him to come inside.

"We're experienced in this type of situation, Luther. She isn't."

"Didn't she work with you at the commission?" Diego questioned, "Isn't that how you met?"

"She wasn't in my field." Five told them, pacing back and forth. He was lucky to have found her last time, but at least then she was just drunk, wandering around. This time she was hurt, and blinded by memories and pain. He'd never seen her like that, on the verge of breaking down. He had been there a few times himself, but never broke. "She never wanted to hurt anyone."

"I think her parents beg to differ."

Five spun on Luther, pointing his finger towards his face. "There is no way in hell she did that. Do you hear me? And if I ever hear you mention it in front of her—"

"Ok, jeez."

He shook his head, backing away from his brothers. "I need to find her."

"Five—"

He took off, rushing down the street. He had no clue where to go, or any idea where she'd be. It was another warm night, and only so many days left until doomsday. This was his fault, he told himself. All of this, everything. If he had never jumped back the very first time, if he had just stayed at the commission with Adella, none of this would be happening.

What would it have been like if he had stayed? Besides the constant days at work, jumping through timelines and getting the job done, what would his off days have been? The ones where he'd be at Adella's, watching as she made dinner and told him stupid jokes, trying to get him to smile. She made him feel young, even when they both looked their age.

"Five?"

Five stopped, blinking back his daydream as Klaus stumbled in front of him.

"What do you want."

"What are you doing wandering around?" Klaus pushed his sunglasses up, resting them atop his hair. He looked more tired than usual, more defeated.

"I'm looking for Adella."

"Oh." His brother nodded, a glint in his eyes. "She's at Allison's."

"What?"

Klaus shrugged, "I thought you knew that."

"No— how would I know that? Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Because I thought you knew— oh yeah, you hung back with our dear father. How was it?"

Five shook his head, "How long has she been there?"

"All night."

"Great." He muttered, "But, she's okay?"

He nodded. "Do you need the address?"

"No, I don't need the address." Five snapped, "I'm the one who was there to get you guys the first time."