Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight:

He said nothing else to her as they reappeared in front of a tall building. He strode along in front, brushing past the doors and towards the elevators. Della decided to not pay any attention to his actions, instead focus on her surroundings. The building was empty of people, it seemed like they were the only two occupying it, which didn't help.

Things like this weren't supposed to bug her. And they never had, so why now?

He jabbed the elevator button, the arrow pointing up, now glowing. Within seconds the doors slowly opened, and they both filed in. Della went to the opposite corner, staring straight ahead as the doors began to close.

"Wait." A hand appeared just before the doors sealed shut, there was a protested beep as the doors retreated, Diego appeared in the opening, "Hold up."

Allison shuffled in next with Vanya, "Glad you waited."

"Hey, everyone." Klaus waved sleepily, heart sunglasses concealing his tired eyes. He found a spot next to her, leaning up against the wall.

Luther appeared next, shoving everyone off to the side to fit his large frame. "Excuse me."

"Good. Everyone's here." Five gave a small smile.

Della leaned towards Klaus, poking the flask gripped in his hand. "Up for sharing?"

He looked down at her, passing it over. "I look forward to sharing these suppressive episodes with you."

"Who needs to be stable, right?" She took a swig, handing it back to Klaus. "Sanity is for losers."

"Adella." Five's voice echoed. She looked to see his gaze on her, a new look in his eyes.

"Oh, I thought you weren't talking to me anymore." She said loudly, grabbing the flask back. Klaus chuckled, watching as she lifted it up to her lips. "You have an attitude problem, you know that?"

"What happened here?" Diego raised a brow.

Della snorted as the elevator doors opened, "Your brother's a dick."

Diego whistled, suppressing a laugh as he glanced to Five before Luther shuffled out the door, apologizing. That's when Della noticed the smell, and how everyone had been covering their nose.

"Oh my god." She mumbled, trailing out the elevator. "Oh my god."

Allison was cackling, stopped in the middle of the hall. The woman continued when Della reached her side, walking along with her towards the large open room. The room wasn't as brightly lit as the hall, instead everything appeared to be decorated in a Tiki theme.

"All right, when dad gets here, I'll do the talking." Five told the group, "We can't ruin it."

Diego stretched out his arms, "Got a few questions for him myself."

Five shook his head, glaring at his brother. "Hey, we don't want to scare him off. He might be able to help us stop doomsday, get us home."

"No, we need to figure out why he's gonna kill the president."

Della sighed loudly, walking over to a large round table. She pulled out a random chair, the legs scrapping against hardwood. She flopped down into it, leaning back against it, "Who gives a shit about the president, okay? Yes, it's terrible that he dies like that, but it happened and we can't change it. So can we please just get this stupid idea out of your damn head and move on already—"