Two

Chapter Two: Anomalies

It was odd, looking at a Five that wasn't old. Or, old looking. She was used to his tall height and white moustache she always told him to shave. Now he looked to be fourteen, maybe fifteen. She did too, courteous of his miscalculated jump. Dark hair covered his forehead, and no wrinkles or marks coated his fair skin. She was just a few inches shorter, at least that was the same.

"I need to find my family." He told her, guiding her out of the alleyway. "If we get spilt up, we meet back in that alleyway, deal?"

Della trailed behind him, nodding slowly. Her mind was still full of fuzz, confusion and shock settling within her. She couldn't believe he was here, and that the Commission was still not just after him, but now his family. She briefly met them, but only gave a quick hello before she disappeared.

"Where did you run off too?" He questioned, "I tried looking for you, thought you could probably help save the world and what not."

"Managed to get a briefcase."

A brow raised, "I thought you didn't know how to use them."

"I don't." She huffed, shaking her head. "Why do you think I'm here and not in 2019. I got stuck in 1890, for a few years actually until I finally glimpsed Alfred, I guess he was sent to kill me."

"And what happened?"

Della shrugged, "Well, he did kill me first. On top of that, apparently I can heal myself."

"Was telekinesis not enough?"

"I think it's apart of it, somehow, I don't know." She told him truthfully as they turned a corner, "Everyone thought I was a witch."

"A witch?" He snorted.

"It's not important. Alfred was carried downstream in the river anyways, I wonder whatever happened after that."

She remembered that night as if happened yesterday, of how cold she felt under the stream, of how red the water turned when she fell in. Sometimes she could still feel the man's grip on her as he held her under, because shooting her three times wasn't enough. When she went still, he stood up straight and addressed the crowd that gathered around him, curious to what the commotion was. Della didn't know how so many people could watch something like that and not try to intervene, but watch silently as a man killed what looked like a teenage girl.

Moments later though, Della gasped for air as she sat up. Shoulder length hair drooped with water, a chill finding it's way under her skin. The crowd broke out into shouts and before she knew it, most of them had gone, but a few still lingered. Alfred watched with wide eyes as she pulled herself out, met his angry and shocked gaze as she made him point his gun to his head and pull the trigger. The rest of the crowd left then, and she was left alone to drag his heavy body to the water and push him off downstream. She hated that night.

"I used his briefcase and got stuck in Paris, 1945 isn't to far off '63. At least that gap wasn't as bad as the other."

He frowned, "I never liked Alfred."

"And what about you?" She questioned, "What did you do?"

Five adjusted his blazer, glancing her way before turning another corner. "Had the worst family reunion ever. One of my sister's causes the apocalypse but I realize it late, the whole world blows up in a fiery mass. We got out just in time, but again I messed up the jump."

"Don't we live just the most exciting lives?"

He snorted, "It's nice to see you, Adella."

She watched him carefully, "You know, whenever we're together, everything goes to shit."