VT-49 Mods

Getting through the gate of the military space port with all the tools together at the same time was a bit of a hassle. Using the mechanics overalls though was a good choice, because the two looked like normal and innocent mechanics working on a space ship. Having arrived at the VT-49 Mike opened one transport case with a bare control board and some wires and other stuff in there. Then he went into the cockpit, opened a little cap in the console, which exposed a terminal plug to the ships data network. Suddenly without another word, Mike grabbed his transport case and exited the ship. Ahsoka followed him bewildered. After making their way criss-cross some other ships they ended up in front of another VT-49. Mike did not know the access code for the ship thus had no means to get inside. He did some research in his com link and eventually found out, that the connection to the hyperdrive was relatively easily accessible. With Ahsoka's help, he unscrewed the big and heavy cover plate over the hyperdrive, located the data connection between the hyperdrive and the ship and unplugged the data cable from the hyperdrive. Now he opened the transport case, which revealed a bare board with wires and cables hanging off it. Next he plugged a data cable into the now open terminal port of the ship.

With the preparations finished, he commanded the board in the case: "Open port and run brute force attack to breach security barrier."

The board in the suitcase blinked, then after around 10sec. replied in binary: "Security barrier breached."

Mike: "Retrieve registration ID."

Again after 2sec. the board responded in binary: "Registration ID retrieved."

Mike: "Save Registration ID as VT-49 – 1 RegID. Close port."

Then Mike unplugged the cable and reconnected the hyperdrive's data cable. Remounting the heavy cover plate, turned out to be more of a hassle than taking it off. With a satisfied smile on his face, Mike finally went back to Ahsoka's VT-49. He got back into the cockpit and connected the board inside of the transport case to the previously opened terminal plug, then giving the same instructions to the board again.

This time however, Mike did not close the port yet: "Open Registration table."

Again some binary beeping from the board.

Mike: "Move VT-49-1 RegID to slot 1. Move VT-49-2 RegID to slot 2. Move XCV-RegID to slot 3.

Beeping from the board

Mike: "Compile RegID patch."

Beeping from the board: "Compilation successful, 0 Errors, 0 Warnings."

Mike: "Install RegID patch."

Board in binary: "RegID patch installed successfully."

Mike: "Close port."

Mike looked at Ahsoka: "Done, now you have the registration ID of that other VT-49 as a default, but you can still select the original one and you can also use one of an old XCV freighter, which I once cannibalized and scraped, and then there is one empty slot, where a RegID can be entered manually via the pilot's console."

Ahsoka looked curious: "Very impressive, it took you less than three minutes."

Mike: "Well it took me and some friends 6 months to develop the software."

Ahsoka: "Is it illegal?"

Mike: "Fully illegal. Don't tell anyone about it."

Ahsoka: "The sound of the board also reminds me of an R2 unit."

Mike: "In fact it is the MCU from an R2. They have many algos built in which you need for that kind a work."

Ahsoka: Could you do me one more favor? Could you enable the finger print scanning for accessing the ship, please?