Heart Broken 2

Being finished here for the day, next question was where to stay? The only option really was one of the filthy accommodations of Coruscant's underworld. Mike unloaded the scooter from the VT-49 and they both mounted it. Mike again with his ugly googles, Ahsoka hugging Mike closely from behind hiding her face in a scarf behind his back. Mike knew an hourly hotel where they checked in for the night. The good thing was no ID was requested they just paid and got room access, the bad thing was the hotel was dirty and smelling. The patrons looked like prostitutes and petty crooks and when passing by the rooms all kinds of noises from different species could be heard. The worst part of all though was, that the bed in their room was not freshly made. Ahsoka found furry remnants from previous tenants.

"I hope you never stayed here before", she asked Mike.

Mike flinched at the question and replied "Never!", after two or three seconds.

It was not very convincing for her. Mike quickly took off to the reception and for a fee got fresh bed sheets and duvets. They looked like they had been washed, but their smell was not very exhilarating. In the underworld they did not need to fear about surveillance cameras, so they decided to go outside to a restaurant and have dinner there. When walking past the reception, Mike asked for directions to a decent restaurant all the while Ahsoka felt getting visually undressed by a couple of patrons lingering around. She really had to control herself to not jump over and beat the crap shit out of them. With the directions from the receptionist, it was easy enough to find the restaurant. Without the directions and the description of the entrance, one would have never been able to find it. From the main passage of this level, one had to follow a tunnel where two people could barely pass each other and then enter through a door, which would have found a better fit in a warehouse. Behind the door a 20m² room embraced them. 5 garden tables had gotten squeezed into that room and the chairs looked like they would collapse if an adult tortured them with their weight. The menu of the day, one single course with no selection options, was written on the wall with green choke. The tablecloths had holes from moths and over washing in them, but at least, they were clean. The waiter was a Toydarian, a friendly, polite bloke for a change. Only seconds after they had seated themselves he had already brought water and bread. As there was no food selection, which could have gotten chosen, the order process was rather simple: soup or salad, wine or grappa. The Toydarian waiter was endlessly bussing over the heads of the guests, serving food and drinks. Unexpectedly the food in the restaurant was excellent and made up for the bad hotel. After they have made their contribution of imperial credits to the benefit of the waiter, they paid the kitchen a short visit to express their gratitude to the cook. The kitchen was as grotesque as the rest of the restaurant. Other than extending horizontally the kitchen extended vertically in a supply shaft, filled with pipes and cables running up and down. The various ovens and cabinets were kind a hovering in the middle of the shaft. So the pipes and cables were directly mounted to the walls, leaving considerable space in the middle of the shaft. All the ovens, cabinets and fridges were put on steel platforms, which in turn were suspended by anti gravs. Only a Toydarian could efficiently work in such a kitchen. And so it was, a Toydarian woman was flying up and down between the platforms, preparing the food. Ahsoka and Mike were flabbergasted about the rather unusual kitchen setup and expressed their gratitude for the good food before they left the restaurant. Back in their room in the hotel, Mike fell asleep pretty quickly, but Ahsoka was disturbed by the noises of their room neighbors and more so by her own worries. She saw herself leaving Coruscant without Mike and being devastated. Apart from that, there's also been a strong urge from the force to have that brain surgery done and get the chip inserted. She would have the VT-49 under control as never before. Worse off all, the heavy essence of the dark side descended upon her again. It had left her in peace while they had been on Tatooine and thus she already longed to leave Coruscant again.