The Magistrate 3

Task for the day was to fly to Khoonda, a spread out small city, very laid back, old wooden houses, some temples and no industry. They placed the VT-49 again outside the city in the very same field where the dropped off the Anx and used the scooter to get into the city. The service station for farm equipment was well known and not hard to find. Mike explained in detail what he needed, but they did not have it in stock, it needed to be ordered and would arrive tomorrow morning (with express surcharge obviously). The rest of the day they flew around Khoonda doing sightseeing or rather safari again. Late afternoon Ahsoka landed on a mound to do a bit of training there. She picked up some midsize rocks and let them fly around using the force. After a little while, she let them fly through the air like a flock of birds, circling, then moving apart, reshaping to a new group and again circling. Mike applauded when Ahsoka finished. This night, they again slept in the farm house. They went back to the service station the next morning, picked the part up and returned to the farm house. It took Mike another hour until the tractor was up and running again. The woman was totally happy and did not know what she could do to make it even. She ended up blessing them, because the tractor was so important for them. Now it was time however to get back to the meeting place, so they had to take off.

This time they arrived there earlier than the Anx and Ahsoka and Mike sat outside in the grass waiting for their guest under the summer sun.

Mike stared at Ahsoka for quite some time until she asked: "What is it?"

Mike replied: "You are so beautiful and you get younger every day."

Ahsoka thought "this sweet-talker", but in any case it was a nice compliment and had to be rewarded with a long kiss.

When the magistrate arrived, he requested them to bring him back to Tatooine. When all had boarded, Ahsoka programmed the navigation computer and off they took. Leaving the atmosphere of Dantooine Ahsoka felt like homesick. However, she could not think much about it, because they were attacked by two Correlian vessels. The light side told her to stand down, the VT-49 would enter hyperspace within seconds. The dark side however lustered for some bloodshed and urged Ahsoka to switch to manual flight mode. She was still in the pilot's seat, turned the shields on and at the same time the R2 had responded the attacker's fire. The computer showed, that only something unimportant did get damaged, but Ahsoka was angry. The beautiful VT-49, her baby, got damaged. She would make them bantha lickers pay for it. She would actually make them pay badly for it. It would not have been necessary, because the VT-49 was about to enter hyperspace leaving the Correlian vessels behind, but Ahsoka wanted revenge. Her eyes were glowing yellow. When Mike realized they were under attack, he hurried into the cockpit, sitting down in the copilot's seat and taking control over the proton guns. It turned out, that R2 was an excellent gunner. The two Correlian vessels were more agile than the VT-49, but the R2 kept the fire on one of them continuously. Their attackers could not escape R2's fire, until eventually the shields failed and the hull of that one ship cracked. In the meantime, Mike had fired at the other vessel with the proton guns. He was not bad, but not by far as good as R2. The remaining Correlian vessel tried to escape, but they had no chance to outrun the VT-49. The only chance they had, was to do sharp turns. Once they realized, that they would end up being R2's prey they entered hyperspace, thus escaped. Darn, Ahsoka was longing for more "blood", but all she could do now was set back on the original course again and within seconds the VT-49 was in hyperspace. Over the internal com Ahsoka announced: "This is your captain speaking. Thank you for the excellent work. Thank you R2 and thank you Mike." R2 came back with a cheerful binary beep and Mike smiled all over. When Ahsoka and Mike left the cockpit, Ahsoka smiled at Mike and said: "Sweety that R2 is an excellent gunner. You really did a great job with it. First I did not like it, because it just looked like some junk that was hanging of the ship, but now I'm really happy about it. That R2 is like a lion grabbing its prey and not let go until he brought it down."