Darth Ahsoka 2

In the Tie fighter.

Darth Vader was irked, the vessel and whoever was in it, had escaped. If the Star Destroyer had arrived only 5min. earlier, then that vessel would not even had the slightest chance, but so they engaged it with only a tiny fraction of the available Tie fighters, the three which were the first ones to exit the harbor bay. He did not sense a force wielder in that ship, but for a tiny bit it felt like he was getting called through the force. He was sure, that the force was with that pilot, otherwise that pilot would have found his doom. Nothing he could do now though. Shit happens. As that craft was on the list of searched vessels, hopefully it would pop up somewhere again. In the aftermath, he ordered search drones to scan the inside of the temple and the vicinity of it. After an hour, they had found 3 skeletons and remnants of inquisitor's uniforms. The skeletons were brought to the star destroyer for forensic investigation, but Darth Vader was already sure, that those were his missing inquisitors. He was inclined to do a personal inspection of the temple and its surroundings again, but the captain of the Star Destroyer demanded his attention and the search drones had done a thorough job anyways. When the Star Destroyer arrived back on Coruscant, he already received the report from the forensic lab of the Star Destroyer: DNA matched with the missing inquisitors, one got cut in half with a lightsaber having left distinct burning marks on the bones, the other got decapitated with a lightsaber. The pattern of the burning marks on all bones were the same, leading to the assumption, that it was one and the same lightsaber. The flesh of the inquisitors had been devoured by insects, there were bite marks of giant ants on the bones and also DNA traces of those animals. As such, the time of death could not be determined accurately anymore, somewhere between a week to a day before. One inquisitor got burnt or incinerated and the cause of his death, could not be determined unless it was the incineration itself. The one inquisitor who got cut in half, had a broken throat, thus possibly had gotten choked to death. With that report, the forensic scientist had done a good job, still what really happened remained a mystery. However, it was clear to Darth Vader, that it was the work of one force wielder, a powerful and mad force wielder, a dark side user. He could not sense Ahsoka through the force though and she was not a dark side user, nor mad, on top not powerful enough for three inquisitors. One, yes, two, maybe, but three, no. He remembered old tales, that a Sith spirit roamed the temple. Then he remembered, that Darth Bane and a few others knew the secret to transfer the spirit into another container, another body. Far-fetched, but not impossible, that the Sith spirit had taken over Ahsoka's body. It would explain the madness, the use of the dark side, the power and that he could not sense Ahsoka through the force. It frightened him, because such an entity could be a dark side demon. A Sith spirit roaming the temple for centuries, flooded with the power and the evilness of the dark side filling the temple, could only turn into one thing, a terrible dark side demon. There were few things in the galaxy, which he had to fear and a dark side demon was one of them. Those were old tales and assumptions without evidence though, but in any case, he had to find out what happened and more so who did it? He instructed the desk-oaf to issue an arrest warrant for Ahsoka with a 100k credit reward, for information leading to her capture. The only problem the desk-oaf had, was that no current picture of Ahsoka was available. It was useless to upload a 15 year old picture into the surveillance system. Darth Vader knew, he could also hire bounty hunters, but without a current picture, it was no good either. Likelihood that they would bring the wrong person, actually a couple of innocent people, was high. Not that he cared too much about innocent pawns, but false people from across the galaxy getting abducted and killed and then delivered to him, brought a lot of other problems to him. Problems, which would distract him and keep him from fetching the right one. The paper work alone, the reports, the death notifications, answering requests from local authorities, were something he hated enough, to not engage on this route, at least not for the time being. An assassin should be fed with precise information, so that he precisely killed or delivered the right target.