Leaving Coruscant

Waking up the next day, Mike went to work and dropped Ahsoka off at the martial arts school. Mike's boss was angry with him, blocked his way and gave him a personal greeting, when he came in: "Eh, Mike, where have you been for the last two days? You don't look sick, but maybe your balls are sick? Did the Togruta gal offer to open her legs for you in return for the mods she wanted? I hope it was worth it. Be assured, I don't tolerate you open some side biz here."

Mike defensively: "Well, I should be allowed to have a girlfriend. I'm not a serf."

The fat boss aggressively: "Ba, go away, you and a Togruta girl friend? If you have a problem finding a home for your little one, I organize a human woman for you. Get on that van there, now! There is something wrong with the computer. The guys will pay extra, if it's ready by tonight."

Darn, Mike had to pick up Ahsoka at 13:00h and his boss would be even more exasperated, when he will leave soon after noon again. He started to work on the van, hoping he could fix it until noon. During the break he called the small company developing the hyperdrive and told them they only had 30000 credits. The manager offered him to come over with the ship, they might have someone who would take the old hyperdrive. He had to check what model it is first, before he could make a final offer. Mike arranged to be there at 17:00h he won't be able to make it earlier.

As it is with things which for once should go rather seamless, they give you more trouble just instead. By noon, Mike was at his wits end, he had no idea, why the computer frequently indicated an error with the engines. He had connected a data logger between the engines and the computer and the engines themselves did not generate the error message. Potentially there was something wrong with the computer itself. 12:15h Mike went to the office to see his boss: "I cannot fix the computer, I don't know what is wrong with it. I want to replace it. I'd go to a wrecking yard and try if I can get a used one."

His boss: "Then you will be out the whole afternoon. When do you want to put it in then?"

Mike: "Tonight."

His boss: "But then it won't be ready by tonight."

Mike: "No, but the customer could pick it up tomorrow morning. Maybe it is as good for him?"

The boss called the customer and arranged for pick up in the morning. Now Mike was able to pick up Ahsoka, but he would be late by about 15min.

Ahsoka had finished her training already, but Mike was not there to pick her up. She had to wait and she thought about what she was going to do, when Mike would not come at all. She could not just go on public transport and it was clear that she had to think about some disguise for her. Pondering about it until Mike arrived, she still had no good idea what to do with her head tails and montrals. To go as anything other than a Togruta only works with some type of full head coverage. She had worried unfounded, Mike simply was late. Arriving in the apartment she told Mike: "I somehow need to disguise or cover myself up, Mike. It won't work, that I always remain hidden and you run all the errands."

Mike replied: "I know, I cannot do everything alone." He brought the theater makeup set and put it in front of her, then continuing: "I hope, we get something good together with this one here."

Ahsoka looked at it and astonishingly said: "I had the same idea yesterday already? How thoughtful of you."

Ahsoka dug in the make-up box when Mike informed her about the current situation with the hyperdrive: "I called those hyperdrive guys and they want to see your ship. Maybe they offer you a deal for 30k, but they need to see the ship first. I have made an appointment with the manager for 17:00h. So we have to go and pick up the VT-49 and fly it over there."