Eyes of the Empire 3

The next day, Mike and Ahsoka flew out to the bank again. Mike instructed Ahsoka to use the jetpack and wait at one corner, while Mike waited at the other and when the convoy came in, she had to catch it and clean all loading doors of all transporters. She only had about 30-40 seconds for that task, so she had to be pretty quick. Luckily, that day there were only two transporters in the convoy. When the convoy left again, she took the fingerprints on the doors using the scanner. Again, that was pretty hard, holding the scanner steady enough, when the transport was accelerating to 500km/h. Ahsoka needed to perform about 20 scans for the scanner to indicate 4 good ones.

When she was finished, Mike looked at her brightly: "Great job, honey, well done."

Ahsoka's heart was still pounding fast and with her hands on her knees, supporting her upper body, she panted: "Eh, that money is hard earned."

With the finger print scans, he returned to the underworld guy, who made him an artificial hand from it. The crook had a computer, read out the data from the finger print scanner and then made a calculation for a hand. Next step, the guy had the artificial hand getting printed on a 3D printer. What came out was a rubbery hollow hand. After the filament the hand was made from had hardened enough, the underworld guy put heating sticks in each finger and a control and energy cell into the hole below the hands palm then closing everything with mold.

They were ready now, but the source revealed to Ahsoka, they should all be wearing storm trooper uniforms for the robbery and not use the light sabers, but storm trooper blasters. Now where to get storm trooper uniforms and blasters? When you don't need storm troopers, they come after you, but when you need them then they have deserted. Mike had the idea, he could access his account again. Question was how many gunships would come this time? Ahasoka's idea was, that he should access his account, then wait there in a dark corner with the Siths. They should wait for the storm troopers to come out of the gunship, then choke at least 4 of them to death. They needed the uniforms in OK condition. Ahsoka would shoot down the gunship with the Lone Scout, once she got clearing from him. Not a bad plan as Mike thought, so they got to action. He and the 3 Siths were dropped off with the Lone Scout in the vicinity of the bank close to the garage in the underworld. Mike entered the bank and accessed his account again. Much to his surprise he had received a tax return, which he immediately transferred to the one credit card he used the last time. Then he left the bank and hid in a dark corner with the 3 Siths. It only took about 5min. and a gunship came. They must have actually been waiting for them in the vicinity. All storm troopers swarmed out and investigated the area. 2 of them were approaching Mike and the Siths, when all of a sudden, they were magically pulled into a dark spot. The 3 Siths choked them until they were dead. They did not even have the chance to scream. The 4 of them continued waiting there, but no more storm troopers wanted to come their way anymore. Darth Letho smirked at Mike, he had to play prey, means go out into the light towards the bank and then all of a sudden run back in their direction again. He and his two Siths friends would kill all except two with their sabers. Mike sullenly inquired, what if they would shoot after him with their blasters and Darth Letho responded "no risk no fun". Seeing not better alternative, Mike got out and walked towards the bank. At some point, the 4 storm troopers investigating the bank noticed him, but would not do anything, would not chase him. Getting closer and closer to them, he heard them talking and then calling for him. Those guys were lame. He thought, he might even have to tell them that he is the one they were looking for, however he did not want to go that far, but turned around and ran. All 4 clones came after him calling him again, then warning him they would shoot. 1 sec. passed and the force urged Mike to throw himself down on the ground. 2 blaster shots went right over him. Right after, the 4 storm troopers were magically dragged past him all trying to remove something from their necks. Mike looked back, then picking up the blasters they had dropped and putting them over his shoulder. At that point, Mike saw three more gunships coming in. Using the com link he called Ahsoka immediately, telling her not to shoot down the gunships, they were too many now, but come over to their place and silently pick them up. Soon they heard the engines of the Lone Scout, then its rear door opened. Quickly the 4 threw all dead storm troopers inside. Hidden in the Lone Scout, they raided them off their equipment and uniform while Ahsoka flew around a couple of corners where they dropped the bare bodies into the depths of the underworld.

Ahsoka's team practically had all equipment now and was ready to go. With the day ending, Mike did some research to find out if anything unexpected, like a construction of some sorts or a parade, demonstration or whatever else would potentially pop up around the bank, which could impact their actions. During his research he stepped over an interesting news article that waste getting thrown into the underworld imposed more and more of a problem. Flying furniture and household goods getting disposed off, injured inhabitants and destroyed the already weak infrastructure of the underworld, while biological waste fed a population of rodents and reptiles, which have adapted to the living conditions in the underworld. While the rodents became more and more of a health threat, spreading deceases, the reptiles started to attack and prey on bigger creatures as well. As such improper waste disposal had been going on for hundreds of years already, a fully adapted fauna with new species had developed in the underworld. As one example, some of the new species are impacting the proper function of sewers in various kinds of ways. It was an interesting article for Mike and another reason not to go hunting in sewers anymore.

Next day when another credit transport was due, was the day, day of execution. Ahsoka, Mike, the 3 Siths and Lucky had all gone in position around the bank early in the morning and waited until late afternoon. After so many hours, Mike feared, that his people could be worn out and considered cancelling the operation for the day, when the convoy came in. Time to ramble. Mike pressed himself to the wall next to the security door. He was wearing the jetpack with the cloaking device, nobody could see him. The security personnel came out of their escort vehicles securing everything, then the security door of the bank opened and the bank accountant came out. Right on, Mike sneaked inside the bank looking for a place, where he could stand and hopefully nobody would bump into him. Luckily he quickly found a suitable corner for that. After about 5min. all the air trolleys with the credit trays and all the bank people were inside again. Mike waited another minute, then went over and used the artificial hand to open the security door. He peeped outside and the convoy had gone, good for that. The 3 Siths and Lucky now came in through the open door and made the totally surprised bank personnel stand down. When Ahsoka recognized that the security door was open, she knew it was her turn to position the camouflaged Lone Scout in front of it. As fast as they could, Lucky and Darth Ra Tak loaded the air trolleys with the trays into the Lone Scout. Meanwhile, Darth Letho made the bank people, who had already started to unload chips of some trays, put them back. Darth Ra Tak and Lucky were not as efficient as the bank people and unfortunately it took them about double the time to load all air trolleys into the Lone Scout. Mike could have commanded the bank people to help load the air trolleys into the Lone Scout, but he did not want them to see the inside of the ship. It might have made an identification of the ship possible. He also wanted to remain invisible having another ace in the back pocket in case something should go wrong. After 11-12min. all trays with credit chips were loaded into the Lone Scout and they left the crime scene. The trip back to Mike's apartment was uneventful. It had all very much gone to Mike's satisfaction, no bad surprises. Looking at the cargo area with all the credit chips was pretty exciting for all of them. None of 'em had ever seen so much money.

The next day, Esra and Kanan read in the news, that 10 million credits got stolen from a bank on Coruscant. The gangsters had come from nowhere and went back to nowhere. Esra thought, that is something we should do, that is rebellion, not the small acts they are performing.

Officer John Brennan had the case with the 10 million stolen credit chips on his case list. 4 storm troopers had raided a high security bank. According to eye witnesses and security cameras the 4 storm troopers had waited there in the vicinity of the bank for the whole entire day waiting for the credit transport to come. They entered the bank after the transport had left. Most likely, the bank accountant in charge forgot to close the security door, thus enabling the 4 storm troopers to enter the bank either being negligent or even on purpose. The bank accountant is definitely a prime suspect. The storm troopers loaded the credit chips, which just got delivered, into a camouflage vehicle and vanished. The best bet to track them is to find out about all camouflage vehicles the army uses and who has access to them. He expected the storm troopers did get an order for the robbery from a high superior. He did not believe they did it out of their own account. Storm troopers are stupid mercenaries, not high level criminals. Someone else had planned it and given the rather dangerous execution to the troopers. After all, it was their duty to perform the coarse tasks. Contacting the military in regards, the case got taken out of his hands, military investigators took over. His last action in the case was to send out a press release about the robbery, pre-prepared by the military. The military investigators, classified the case and added it to their pile of cold cases.