Heart Broken 5

On foot Ahsoka came back to the space port to retrieve the scooter. It took her several hours and during the time she called for the dark side and it answered: "Ahsoka, my love, my cute master, what can I do for you?"

Ahsoka investigated: "Did you have your bloody fingers in that ambush?"

The dark side: "For the record, I don't have fingers, so the clear answer is NO!"

Ahsoka did not give up yet: "Then let me rephrase; Have you been involved in the ambush at the hospital?"

"I'm the dark side, off course I was involved."

Ahsoka: "You farkled Bantha licker. Why?"

Not being disturbed at the slightest, the dark side came back: "It was more a natural outcome of things, not that I had driven it. And for the records, let me remind you again, I have no tongue! I cannot lick!"

Ahsoka: "You could have warned me."

"I did, warn you. Remember?"

Ahsoka: "Yes, like seconds before. We could have simple left the hospital through a different exit."

Amused the dark side informed her: "Well you know, I like carnages!"

Ahsoka agitated: "Off course, how could I forget? Well look at poor Mike now. He is badly injured."

"Don't blame me for it. If you had left him, as I instructed you, he would be fine now."

Ahsoka started to cry: "I thought Mike is important. Now he is in hospital. How shall he help in whatever evil plans you have?"

The dark side calmly responded: "Mike is important and he will fully recover. I will see to that."

On one hand, it relieved Ahsoka, on another it was disturbing – the dark side had plans with Mike. What that meant for him, yet had to be seen.

The dark side continued however: "While we are at it. You have not been very cooperative of late."

"Why? Because I don't leave Mike?"

"Exactly. Will you leave Mike now? Will you follow my instructions now?"

Ahsoka barked out loud: "Yes, I'll do it, I'll bow to your will. Can I at least say goodbye to him?"

The dark side finished: "I'd actually recommend it."

Once she retrieved the scooter, she flew back to the doctor's place and took a chair next to Mike's bed. While waiting, she called the professor at Coruscant University and somberly left a message in his mailbox: Mike wanted to take his job offer, but got in a traffic accident. He would contact him again in a few days, once he had recovered.

It took 2 days for Mike to be addressable again. The doctor prognosticated that he would recover, he'll be alright again. Once he somewhat was back to his wits, Ahsoka told him in despair: "Mike I will leave you. I love you, but as long as Vader is alive, he will most likely be hunting me. Whoever is with me is in danger of getting killed. It was the second time for you now that you barely survived and I cannot take it anymore. You mean too much to me. You were the one suffering because they are trying to catch me. It will be hard for me without you, but it will be worse if you'd be dead. I will leave you with my healing crystal and the body guard drones. The force also told me to leave you 3 light sabers. Be careful with them. You are not a force wielder and you can easily die using them. I don't know what the force has in mind by you having them, but it's always for a reason. I also informed the professor, that you want to accept his job offer, but that you got in a traffic accident, calling him in a couple of days. Please call him and go for your passion, developing great stuff."

Mike was not yet in a position to talk, he mumbled something that nobody could understand. Eventually Ahsoka understood "com link". She gave him the address of her com link, which she had in the VT-49. He nodded, taking it and holding it to his heart.

"You will be doing great at Sienar. I feel it. I love you", then she kissed him and left, tears pouring down her cheeks.

Outside the doctor's premises she took the scooter back to the VT-49. Sitting in it crying and sobbing the light side came upon her: "Fly to Dagobah." As she did not care where to go anyways, Dagobah was just as good.

After the VT-49 had entered hyperspace, she laid down on the bare ground of the ship, crying. She did not know, how to continue. She did not even know if she did the right thing or if she would suffer and curse herself for the rest of her life.