Dengar the Bounty Hunter

The following days Ahsoka used the scooter twice a day, to see the Twi'lek in Chalmuns Cantina, checking for an open assignment.

Two days later, in the morning, came the shelfs. In the afternoon, they got busy organizing Mike's "workshop". After five hours of cleaning, installing and putting away, it was perfect. The air trolleys, the tools and spare parts and workbench could be moved, wherever needed. All was neatly organized. Mike was delighted and Ahsoka, too.

Working on Tatooine was only possible in the morning and late evening, during the day it was just too hot. Mike suggested to fly out into the desert where it would be quiet and they would not constantly get looked at from the people of the other ships. It would be cheaper on top, no fees asked. So they took off with the VT-49 then looking for a sheltered spot, which would protect them from sand storms and hid them at the same time. After they had found some type of crater and landed in it, Ahsoka sent the B2 to an elevated position on guard.

Now Ahsoka had to take the scooter to go see the Twi'lek in Mos Eisley. Some 7 days later they had their first mission. It was transporting some boxes through an imperial blockade of a planet. So Ahsoka could do two things in one, making money and hurting the empire. Payment was not so much on that mission, just 1000 credits, but a start.

During their excessive spare time Mike worked on the VT-49 and Ahsoka almost always gave him a hand. For his current project he used that junk from the shop in Mos Eisley. Mike mounted an extension plate to the side of the turret. Onto that extension, he mounted the top of the R2 unit, so that the R2 would turn with the turret. When Mike showed Ahsoka his work she was not very pleased with it, actually, she wanted it undone. The R2 was dirty and dented and looked like some piece of junk on her beautiful ship. It was like a big wart in the face of a beautiful model. Mike was demotivated, he thought he was on some cool project and it just did not get appreciated because of mere optics. Who cared about optics, the function was most important. Ahsoka, though, insisted that Mike would do a beautification job, otherwise, he would have to uninstall the ugly wart. Mike sighed, but he loved Ahsoka and wanted to please her, so he ended up pressing and hammering all the dents out and spray painting the R2 head in the same color as the VT-49. Now Ahsoka was satisfied. In the oncoming days, Mike connected the R2 to the controls of the turret and also to the data network of the ship.

Somewhere.

Dengar the bounty hunter, was called on his com link. It was an old friend of his, or rather acquaintance, because he did not really have friends. His acquaintance was a smuggler and a drunkard, always looking for ways to make money: "Dengar, I heard, that you look for a Togruta Jedi?"

Dengar reluctantly: "Maybe, maybe not."

"I have seen a Togruta wearing light sabers and I know where she is", came out of the com link.

Dengar: "Well, where is she?"

"Transfer me 10 grands, then I tell you where", was the response.

Dengar: "You're crazy, I don't give 10000 credits for information, on the whereabouts of a fugitive. That is as much as a complete bounty. After all, who knows if it's the right one?"

"Well, the bounty on this one is high, very high, I know it. I'll send you a picture of her in one of the next couple of days and as soon as the money is in my account, I will send you a message with her whereabouts", the acquaintance finished the conversation.

His acquaintance had drunken himself stupid over the years, which is why smuggling was how he mostly earned his money. He had tried being a bounty hunter once and was not successful. That's why he probably left the hard part to him and settled for a portion of the reward.