1.4 ✧ the house

- Hayden -

"Alyssa please!" I begged and knelt on the ground in front of her with my hands clasped together.

"No! I'm not breaking and entering!" She opposed and crossed her arms, walking away.

"Alyssa pleaseee! What if she's in there right now?" I explained and stood up, holding her by her arm. "The police wouldn't know because they didn't have search permits and no one answered! Let's check it out, please? We'll make sure no one is home," I begged her and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

She sat on the edge of her bed as I had followed her into her house after school.

"What if we get caught?" She asked, a little more reasonably.

"We won't, I promise. And if in the slight chance we do I'll blame it on myself." I said with huge puppy dog eyes, which I knew she couldn't resist.

"Stop it Hay!" She yelled, using the nickname she gave me back in first grade. "Why can't you just go yourself?" She asked me, covering her eyes.

"Well there was a shooting report and I..I just thou-"

"You're scared aren't you?" Alyssa asked me, cutting me off. I shook my head.

"No! I just thought you'd want to come!" I told her and she smirked because she was right. What if I got shot? What if I died right in front of Hanna? That would be terrible.

"Fine, but if I go to jail I'm never going to speak to you again." She said, while I smiled ear to ear.

"Let's go! Let's go now!" I yelled like a little kid and grabbed her hand, dragging her down the stairs.

"Hayden slow down!" She said as she slipped and fell onto me when I got to the bottom of the stairs. "Ow Hayden!" Alyssa yelled from on top of me and I wiggled out from underneath her, holding her hand in mine.

"A-are you okay?" I asked her as I looked at her red wrist.

"It really hurts!" She cried and bit her lip. I stood up and extended my hand out for her to take. I dragged her to the kitchen and tried to find a first aid kit. "Hayden I don't need a first aid kit," she told me with a blunt tone behind me, but I took it out and looked for some sort of wrap.

Once I found something I turned to her, her hair in her face as she looked down at her wrist. I pushed her hair behind her ear and took her wrist, gently starting to wrap it.

"You don't need to do this," she protested but I shook my head and looked up at her with a smile.

"I did this to you though." I told her and she ran her hand through her hair with a sigh.

"Well hurry up so we can go." She rushed and I smiled at her once again and shook my head.

"Not so fast," I whispered and her face turned red, but she hid it with a confused look.

"Me? You were the one who dragged me the stairs!" She said and I chuckled lightly.

"Sorry about that." I smiled innocently and she rolled her eyes, ruffling my hair as she began to walk to the door.

I hung back a little and watched her as her brown hair swayed back and forth with her hips, the girl was cute. I put my hand to my temples and shook my head. Was I seriously checking out my best friend?

I jogged after to find her near the passenger's door and I unlocked the door before sliding in.

"What took you so long?" She asked as she buckled her seat belt and I just shrugged. I wouldn't think of that again. "So is this place far away?" She asked me and I thought about it.