0.7 ✦ Leah

- Luke -

"Did you love her?" Hanna asked, and a smile tugged at my lips. I remember Leah, she was beautiful same with her personality. I loved her, she was my first true love. I know she loved me too. I remember..it was the fifth time I visited her..

"Luke? Is that you?" She called, and I turned on the light. I saw her hazel eyes sparkling.

"Hey Leah," I said and leaned down to hug her. She tried her best to hug me with the chains.

"I thought you weren't coming.." She whispered in relief. I pulled away, and pushed her matted hair behind her ears.

"I come everyday," I smiled at her and she shrugged.

"I just thought that since Andrew hit you that you wouldn't be able to make it," Leah said. She was referring to earlier where I had to hit her, but I didn't hit her 'hard' enough so Andrew lashed me. He was terribly drunk.

"I'm going to come everyday, I need to see you," I said, choking on my words. I was in love with her; she was so strong and understanding.

"I need to see you, too." She whispered and raised her hand to my cheek, not caring that the chains were scratching her. I stared down at her lips, then back to her eyes. "Luke?" She asked, snapping me out of my gaze.

"Yeah?" I answered, coming closer to her. Our faces inches apart.

"Don't let me die.." She said, tears threatening her voice. My heart sank as I softly held the back of her neck, resting my forehead on hers.

"Never, Leah. I promise I'll get you out of here one day." I told her, seeing tears forming in her eyes. It was hard to see her sad, so terrified. I hated it.

"Yo-you can't leave me either.." She said, and I nodded my head.

"I'll never leave you," I said and she slightly smiled. I stared down at her lips before slowly leaning in. I pressed my lips, gently, against hers, seconds after she kissed back. I tried so hard no to break the kiss with my smile.

As soon as it started, it ended. I heard Andrew come through the front door and I had to pull away.

"I love you Leah." I said before standing up, and leaving the room.

That was the day Leah died.

I remembered Hanna was still staring at me, so I nodded. I would give anything to have Leah in my arms again. That day I sworn that I would never love any except her, I let her down. I broke our promise.

"Have you ever loved someone?" I asked her, and she pondered for a minute.

"I think so.." she trailed off.

"You think so?" I asked, confused on how she didn't know if she loved someone or not. Does she not get that feeling?

"He's my best friend, I just don't know if I can see us like that..as much as I would like to." She mumbled, then I felt something in my stomach. I had this feeling like when Leah used to tell me about her boyfriend she had, before Andrew got her.

It was jealousy. No, no, no. I am not jealous.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, and she shrugged. She looked a lot like Leah, except the eye color. Maybe that's why I was jealous, she reminding me of Leah.

"I'm stuck here..there's no hope for us now. Whatever," she sighed, bringing her knees to her chest.

"Well you have me," I blurted out, feeling stupid after. Why would I say that.

"You're not like Hayden," she said, after saying her words she bit her lip. It came out pretty harsh, I'll admit. What was so special about him?

"I didn't mean for it to come out like that.." Hanna whispered. I walked over, laying on the bed as well.

"It's fine. You're not like Leah." I retorted, realizing my snappy tone. She looked at me, but I didn't look at her. "Andrew won't be back for some hours. Get some rest," I informed her.

I wasn't worried about her escaping, the doors lock from the inside, and I'm the only one with a key. It's not that I don't want her to escape, it's just that I know what Andrew is capable of.

She moved slightly, but I wasn't paying attention. I was almost asleep.

--

When I woke up, I looked at Hanna. My arm was around her waist and her head on my chest. She looked so peaceful.

Before doing anything else, I looked at the clock. Andrew would be home any min-

"Luke?!" I heard him scream and pound on my door. Hanna's eyes shot open in horror.

"One second dad. I'm getting dressed!" I yelled to him, but his fist kept hitting my door. Then it stopped, I knew he was going to Hanna's room. "Hanna you need to hide," I said, taking her shaking body in my arms.

"W-where?" She asked quietly, and I pointed to underneath my bed. She scurried under it, as the pounding returned.

"Luke! Where's the girl?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, while I scurried to the door.

"She's not in there?" I asked him, like I didn't know a thing. Then, he slapped me.

"Where is she?!" He screamed in my face, pushing me against a wall. Blood started to pour from the back of my head, as I fell to the ground. I could see Hanna underneath my bed, crying. I tried to rip my gaze away before Andrew noticed, but I was too late.

Andrew walked over to my bed and fell to his stomach to see Hanna.

--

982 words.

okay so if you didn't catch on the italics is a flashback that luke has about leah.

please vote & comment!

--brittany