2.2 ✧ forgotten

- Hayden -

"you can't leave me!" Alyssa yelled, her hands clutching my shirt and tears running down her face. I bit my lip, holding back my own tears.

"I-i'm sorry Alyssa. I don't want to...I don't." I admitted as Alyssa cried into my chest.

"Hanna, now you! we never even found her, we just gave up!" she screamed, hitting my chest. I pulled her away from me gently.

"things have changed, Alyssa. she's been gone for how many months now?" I started and Alyssa's face darkened. "as much as I don't want to admit it-"

"don't say it! what happened to you? what happened to Mr. I Care?! because you don't anymore, you're accepting the fact that she's d-dead." Alyssa stated and I cringed at her words.

"you think I don't miss her?! there isn't a minute that goes by without me thinking of her, Alyssa! not one minute, I care." I hesitated the next part. "i love her, Alyssa." I choked out, my feelings still soaring.

she froze like a statue, tears still coming down her face. "how long?" Alyssa asked, of all questions she asked that one.

"it doesn't matter." I replied and she raised an eyebrow but didn't look up at my eyes. "she'll never like me that way, and I don't care. I still want to save her, I still love her." I gushed, not caring that I sounded like a total sap.

"she likes you too, Hayden." Alyssa whispered and I shook my head, as much as I wanted it to be true. "she does, she used to say it all the time back in school." she still had tears coming down her face and I wiped them away.

"that was then." I explained, wishing it was now too. Alyssa shrugged her shoulders then turned around to leave my house.

"have fun in Arizona." she mumbled before walking out of the door and slamming it behind her.

I stared at the door a little bit longer, wishing she would come back and hug me one last time. I didn't want to leave, but my parents are being transferred. I'm leaving Alyssa and Hanna all together, I have no one. Alyssa had no one. Hanna has no one. Maybe it was supposed to be this way.

"Hayden, get in the car." my dad patted my back and opened the door. I walked out of it and sat down in the car, not seeing Alyssa anywhere. I needed to see her, how was I going to survive without her? she's my rock, my everything.

she just left, her screams stopped when I told Alyssa I loved Hanna, but wasn't it obvious? because it caught her by total surprise. I guess it didn't matter; I have to get over both of them. I'd never see any of them. Hanna's dead, Hayden. she's dead and never loved you. that's all I can tell myself to forget.

- Alyssa -

I had been walking for what seemed like hours since I left Hayden's house. I can't believe all this time, through everything, Hayden is still knee-deep in love with Hanna. am I jealous? yes. I've liked Hayden since forever but never wanted to kills Hanna's spotlight. now that she was gone...it seemed as if he felt the same way for me.

but now he's gone, he loves Hanna. everyone loved Hanna, she's always been so pretty and kind. she's perfect, and I'm not even close. that's why Hayden likes her, because she's skinny, has pretty hair and eyes. I have none of those things.

I started running with my thoughts to a place where I used to go with Hanna. we'd hang out there but it was known for more things than just sitting there and doing homework.

I've lost everything. my two best friends are gone, one of them are dead. now things that happened before I met them will happen again.

Dylan, my brother, is the only thing that makes me happy. my parents barely notice me, it isn't fair.

I got to the spot; the tree that Hanna always leaned against. then there was a rocky cliff, known for suicidal accidents.

I leaned over the cliff, knowing this is where hundreds of kids had died, and maybe me too.

"no, that's stupid." I said to myself, backing away from the cliff. but this could just easily end it all, no one cares. no one ever will. I probably won't even be noticed. I took a step forward, looking over the edge again. "stop it, Alyssa." I ordered myself and moved back.

but I took another step forward and just stood there, right on the edge. so close from falling. I was at war with myself over something so big.

"I'm stronger than this!" I stomped my foot and the cliff edge I was standing on started to crumble and I tried to hop back but the rocks there tumbled down over me.

I was falling, screaming for help. I didn't want this. not now. what was I thinking?

"I'm sorry!" I screamed before I hit a solid floor, followed by some cracking sounds.

--

858 words.

i hate myself so much oml.

please vote & comment!

-brittany