2.1 ✦ only till Friday

- Hanna -

I was completely furious by Luke's actions, did he really think I was that untrustworthy? After everything that has happened he still doesn't trust me. Well, I could understand if he didn't trust me with his money, but everything else he should. I would never leave him, even if he told me to.

I came in super late to science, there were only a couple minutes of the class left and my teacher looked annoyed. No one really talked to me, just stared and whispered among themselves.

I was given special supplies by my first period teacher like binders, pencils, paper, and other simple stuff. I securely wrapped my arms around my stuff and walked to my second period class, it was right down the hall.

I passed by Luke. I glanced at him, but he kept looking forward as if i didn't exist. I felt a ray of comfort knowing he was in the same building as me.

I walked up to my second period to find Ryan talking to the teacher and her pointing to a seat. He sat down at the seat the teacher instructed him to sit at and looked at me with a big smile. I waved cooly and showed the teacher my schedule.

"You can have a seat next to Ryan." My Spanish teacher, Mrs. Scott, said and I smiled with a nod before taking a seat next to Ryan.

"How was first period?" I asked him and Ryan shrugged his shoulders.

"Good, I guess. It was just a study hall." He chuckled and I did too. "There was this one guy in there though. He gave me a death glare the whole time, he's new too." Ryan made a face and my blood ran cold, I'm certain it was Luke.

"Oh...that's weird." I furrowed my eyebrows together and leaned my head on my hand.

"Yeah, I really hope he doesn't have this class too." Ryan explained and I was hoping Luke wouldn't show up either. He'd probably stare down both Ryan and I, thinking we would run off or something.

The bell rang and Luke didn't show up, thankfully. There wasn't much time for talking because the notes were insanely fast and there were a lot of them. My hand was cramping and I had to shake it out on several occasions. Every time I would Ryan would give me a sympathetic smile.

Finally, after a terrible 45 minutes of non-stop writing, the ball rang and I sighed in relief, putting my stuff away. I looked around to see everyone already gone except Ryan, he was waiting for me.

"We have third together, right?" Ryan asked and I looked down at my paper.

"Do you have math next?" I asked and he nodded his head with a big smile on his face and walked with me out of the class.

The math room wasn't too far away and whilst heading to it I spotted Luke again, this time he did look at me but kept a straight face and walked into the math room.

I mentally sighed knowing we would all be in a class together. When we walked inside Luke was talking to the teacher, Ryan and I came up behind him.

"Hey, that's the dude that looks at me like he wants me to die." Ryan whispered. "I think his name is James." He said and I shrugged my shoulders, pretending like I didn't know.

"Three new students in one day!" The bubbly teacher cheered causing Luke to stare at us for a minute. "Take a seat wherever you want!" He smiled and I was already starting to like this teacher.

Ryan and I took a seat across the room from Luke because I didn't think he'd be too glad if I seemed like I wanted to be near him. I didn't really want to because of earlier but he still made me feel safe when I was near him.

"Alrighty class!" Mr. Reed was his name. He said somethings about starting a new chapter and making some jokes in between.

We got some worksheets and were allowed to work with partners.

"Look he's doing it again!" Ryan whisper-yelled and pointed behind me, I turned around to see Luke look at me then turn back around.

"Did I do something to him?" Ryan asked and I shook my head.

"The kid is just weird." I stated, turning back around.

"We should do these worksheets." He smiled and I nodded my head.

"Can you meet after school by the office so we can work on them then too?" He asked and I nodded my head with a smile on my face. Right when Luke walked by my desk he smashed his hip into the desk.

He yelled out in pain, I probably would have too.

"Bro, are you okay?" Ryan asked him with wide eyes and Luke managed to nod his head and look at my unamused expression. Why do I just think this is on purpose so I'll feel bad for him? Not that I do.

"Sorry." He mumbled to me before walking back to his destination and leaving the room. I still think he did it on purpose though.

After a while of talking to Ryan I learned he's been living in Kansas, but had to switch schools because of something with his father. He has two siblings, a 20 year old sister named Raine and a 12 year old brother named Brandon. His parents work in a family business, and that's as much as he could explain before the bell rang.

"Do we have fourth together?" I asked Ryan and he shook his head, making my heart sink.

"I'll see you at lunch though!" He smiled before walking in the other direction, I sighed and headed to my study hall.

Luke wasn't in it, nor Ryan of course. It was quite boring actually, I just couldn't wait for lunch.

The bell finally rang and I followed the little number on the paper for my locker so I could put my things in there before lunch. When I found it the next bell rung and I sighed, shoving books in the same locker.

I was walking away from my locker and passed some hallways and doors before I was almost at the cafeteria. I was pulled inside a room, gently this time.

"What do you want?" I asked a scared looking Luke bluntly, he played with the hemming of his shirt.

"We need to talk." He whispered and I knitted my eyebrows together.

"There's nothing to talk about." I told him and started to walk away but he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Let go." I said flatly, but he just turned me around in his arm.

"I don't think this school thing is such a good idea." He admitted and I sighed in his arms, I knew this argument was going to last long.

"Is it Ryan? Luke? I mean, you went out of your way to break our conversation." I sneered and he made a face shaking his head.

"No, that was an accident." Luke said calmly, not losing eye contact with me.

"Whatever, Luke. if Ryan is the reason though, that's stupid. You need to deal with it." I snapped, knowing it was the reason.

"It's not that..." Luke trailed off, looking past me now.

"What is it then?" I asked him impatiently and when he looked back at me he actually looked worried.

"I have a bad feeling about this whole school thing, it's not because of Ryan I promise. I just don't think school is such a good idea..." he said. "We need to leave, again."

"But I like it here!" I whined. Yes, I actually did like my day so far. Ryan was the best part of it. "Give me till Friday to prove to you that school is a good thing, please."

I saw that he hesitated before answering me. "Fine. Only till Friday. If I'm not impressed we're leaving."

--

1348 words.

please vote & comment!

--brittany