0.1 ✦ party

- Hanna -

"Guess who?" Called a familiar voice who put his hands in front of my eyes, I smiled and shut my locker.

"Please tell me it's Channing Tatum!" I squeaked and he dropped his hands from my eyes. I turned around to find Hayden frowning.

"Sorry to disappoint you," he said, lowering his head. I laughed and hit his arm playfully.

"Where's Alyssa?" I asked, looking around, those two usually showed up together. Hayden shrugged his shoulders, looking around as well, then looked back at me.

"Maybe she's not showing today?" He said, and I sighed. I hated when she missed days. We had almost every class together and she is the one who broke me out of my shell, so I wasn't awkward and anti-social in front of everyone. The bell rang and Hayden gave me a sympathetic look, "Let's get to class." We had first period together, and Alyssa if she was here, but Hayden mainly talked to his popular friends.

I followed him to our classroom, and mid-way there one of his friends, Tyler, came out and jumped on his back.

"Aye bro!" Tyler laughed, and I stepped away, not wanting to get trampled on.

"Are you going to Christina's party tonight?" Tyler asked Hayden, giving him a confused look.

"No one told me," he said, and Tyler jumped off his back. He almost landed on me, but I jolted back, dropping all my stuff. I groaned as everyone pretended there was nothing on the floor, as they walk on my books. I looked back to see both of them still talking, making their way to class, then I picked my books up.

I know it sounds selfish, but sometimes I just wanted to lock Hayden in a box, so no one could mess up our friendship. Now that I think about it, that would be mean. I don't get to spend much time with him anymore, but we've known each other for a really long time. I knew that when high school would hit he'd be popular. He tried to leave me behind, and he still does. Sometimes his attempts don't end in our favor, well in my favor.

After I scooped my stuff off the floor I hurried to class, brushing the footprints on my notebooks and folders. I walked in just in time and sat next to Hayden. I looked over to him and he mouthed 'sorry.' I just smiled, accepting his apology. I took out my notebook for history and started to write the notes the teacher had on the board. Then suddenly Hayden threw a note on my desk. I unwrapped it, being quiet as possible.

You should come to Christina's party with me.

A party? I've never been to a party, I was never that girl that someone wanted for me to be at a party. I guess if he wanted me to go I could, my parents wouldn't mind. They aren't even home so I can ask.

When is it?

I passed the note back to him, without the teacher seeing. I watched as he scribbled down an answer and handed me the paper.

Tonight at eight. I'll pick you up then.

I quickly went through my schedule for tonight, not that I'm usually busy. I didn't think of anything I really had to do.

I looked over at him, and his gorgeous eyes were locked on mine. He smiled and went back to his notes. I started to zone out, thinking about what I should wear and things like that, but then I came back to reality and finished my notes. Then Alyssa came to mind.

She was probably sick, really sick. She only missed school for important reasons, as much as I thought about asking her to come, I wanted to leave her alone. Unless if she calls me, that's a different story.

The bell rang and I walked out of class with Hayden, now I won't see him till the end of the day.

--

"I'll see you at eight, alright?" Hayden said, and I gave him a thumbs up before he enveloped me into a huge hug.

"See you!" I called after him, he turned around one last time and smiled. Why couldn't I spend every second of the day with him? I now sound like a stalker.

I started to walk on the sidewalk and slowly walked to my house. It was actually pretty close to the school, about a five minute distance. When I finally got home, I looked to see if any of my parents were home. Of course not. so, I headed up to my room and decided on what to wear.

I found this navy blue dress, mid-thigh, long sleeved, and really tight too. I had the figure to pull it off though, I never wore it because I thought it was risky, but nows the perfect time. I curled my dark brown hair and let it fall to my shoulders before finding the nude heels in my closet. I re-did my makeup, making it look better. By the time I was done I was party worthy.

When I was done it was about six, so I got some homework done and ate something. Who knows if i would be eating at that party.

After I was done eating and done with homework I just spun around on my spiny chair, hoping one hour would go by fast.

Soon as it was eight Hayden knocked in the door, and I rushed to the door to open it.

"Hey," I smiled as Hayden's eyes scanned my body, my face turning a light shade of red.

"You look..different," Hayden explained, as I locked the door. His eyes still on me.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked, he nodded and smiled. His face turning red, also.

"You look good." He said, and I slightly smiled. At least he thought I looked good. Not great, or amazing, or other words like that, but 'good' was fine with me.

"Thanks," I said, as he opened his car door for me. The drive to Christina's house was about a half hour. I didn't even know who Christina was, I think she was one of the cheerleaders. As we approached the house I could hear the bass of the music and I started to feel nervous. What if Hayden left me for his popular friends? We parked in front of the house and I turned to him, giving him a nervous smile.

"You've never been to a party, have you?" He asked, and I shook my head slowly. "You'll  be fine, just stick with me." He said, and I nodded my head getting out of the car to this big house.

"Come on," Hayden said, holding his hand out for me and I took it. We were walking up to the house and there were drunk idiots everywhere. Hayden intertwined our fingers, and I blushed looking down. We walked into the house and I held onto his hand tighter. I was nervous.

"Hey dude," Tyler said, with his arms around a girls waist. "Who's the chick?" He asked, referring to me.

"It's Hanna," Hayden said, and Tyler's eyes grew wide and I waved to him, his eyes scanning me.

"You look hot." He said, looking me in the eyes.

"Thanks?" I said, more as a question because I wasn't sure if I would take hot as a compliment.

A random dude I didn't know came up to Hayden. He dropped his hand from mine and turned to face me.

"Stay here. I'll be right back," Hayden yelled over the music, before running off. He left me alone in the kitchen with people I didn't know.

So much for sticking together.

--

1308 words.

thoughts on the first chapter?

please vote & comment!

--brittany