0.9 ✦ Utah

- Hanna -

Andrew was staring at me as Luke laid there on the floor; I knew he would go unconscious soon with all the blood he lost. Andrew reached for me, I tried to move back but I was already against the wall.

Tears were streaming down my face, there was no escape. I was going to die, right when I didn't want to. Andrew got so frustrated he picked the bed up and flipped it over, in result of a broken night stand.

I screamed and curled up into a ball, right up against the wall. Then he started to repeatedly kick me.

"What is she doing in here?" Andrew screamed in Luke's drowsy looking face, as he picked me up by my arm. All I could do was cry and look at Luke with sorry eyes. "Why is she in here!" Andrew yelled again, throwing me against the broken night stand.

Blood starts flowing out of the scratches that were made by the wood. I yelped in pain and tried to stop the bleeding by putting my hands on the deepest cuts.

"It's my fault.." Luke said right above a whisper. He then tried to stand up, but fell right back down.

"Why did you bring her in here?" Andrew screamed, once again, in Luke's face. Luke flinched and opened his drooping eyes a little wider. He cannot fall asleep on me now; I would die without him here.

Now that Andrew knew Luke 'cared' about me he would kill me. Just like Luke informed me, this made me cry harder and louder. I tried to keep my sobs quiet, but it wasn't working.

"Shut up!" Andrew yelled, pulling a gun from his back pocked. It was pointed right at me.

"Dad, cops will come.." Luke said, still slipping in and out of consciousness; he was trying to be tough. Andrew threw the gun down, I don't know what happened but the gun shot.

The bullet flew right past me.

"Shit." Andrew mumbled. "Luke get her and meet me in the car." He ordered, walking out
of the room.

I was confused and scared out of my mind. I slowly started to crawl towards Luke, as I got closer I could see all the blood he had lost.

"Luke?" I croaked as my tears fell onto his face.

"Yeah?" He breathed and I settled next to him, helping him get up slowly. He groaned in pain as I touched the back of his head.

"Don't die on me." I said, strictly.

"I'm not going to die Hanna," he said, with a slight chuckle at the end.

I looked at the door, it was wide open and so was, probably, the front door. I could easily run out of here and leave forever, never looking back. I couldn't leave Luke. Andrew would easily kill him if he let me leave.

"Luke!" Andrew yelled, I looked at him, he was angry. He punched the neighboring wall next to him as he looked at his passed out son. He moved over to him, but Luke didn't move. I was scared that Andrew would hurt me, but I'm not moving from Luke's side.

Instead of being hit, Andrew took Luke & I's arms and dragged us outside.

I haven't been outside in what seemed like forever. It was dark outside, which made me sad because I really wanted to see the sun.

Andrew threw me into his car, and then he threw Luke in on the other side. I tried to sit Luke up as much as possible and put the seatbelt on him.

This is insane. What am I doing? I need to run. I just couldn't bring myself to do it, I can't leave Luke and I can't carry his tall self in my weak arms either.

"Say one word and I kill you." Andrew hissed at me. All I did was shake my head rapidly. There was no way I could get out. He had tape wrapped all around the locks, except the driver side.

I sat next to Luke, looking at him. I saw people walking by but if I tried to get their attention Andrew would kill me, or worse. He would kill Luke.

Since when did I care about Luke? I moved away from him and wiped the tears from my eyes. I knew why I cared for Luke, he was there when no one else was.

I couldn't do anything but think of him. I trusted Luke, I never thought I would say that but it was true.

The car started to slow down. Andrew turned towards me, and pulled out that can. I remembered that can, he pulled that out when he made me unconscious. He sprayed the stuff in my face, and before I knew it my head was on Luke's lap.

--

Once I awoke, once again, I was in a dark room.

"Luke?" I asked through the dark and I heard someone shift next to me.

"Hanna? You're alive!" I heard him whisper yell.

"Luke!" I yelled in joy, trying to move to the direction of his voice. But, no surprise, I was held back by chains. "Where are you?" I whispered, looking around even though I couldn't see anything.

"Opposing wall," he said across the room. "I-I thought you were dead." He whispered.

"No..I'm okay. How's your head?" I asked, concerned. "Better I guess," he mumbled.

"What happened?" I asked him, quiet as possible. "Andrew brought us to a new house, we used to live here before we moved to Las Vegas." He said, it took me a minute to process it.

"Wait, we're not in Las Vegas anymore?" I asked in bewilderment.

"We're in Utah now." He told me, and I almost passed out again. I was away from everyone. Now there really was no chance of me getting out of here alive. The tears started to come and they weren't stoping. "Hanna, please, don't cry. Everything is going to be okay.." Luke said, trying to calm me down.

"Now I really will never see my friends again, or my family!" I cried, trying to keep quiet.

"I'm sorry..." Luke said.

I wouldn't mind dying now, there is no more hope for me.

--

1049 words.

please vote & comment!

--brittany