2.0 ✧ hope

- Hayden -

We arrived at sunny San Diego, the city Hanna and Alyssa went to when they visited Alyssa's family.

Alyssa was asleep, curled up into the passenger's seat with her knees to her chest. Her brown hair covered her face which I so badly wanted to see. Her face, even when she was asleep, made me smile.

I was driving around for a while but then stopped, knowing I need Alyssa to tell me what hotel they stayed at.

"Alyssa." I stated and shook her arm a little, moving the hair out of her eyes.

"What?" She groaned and sat up, fixing her hair.

"What hotel did you guys go to?" I asked and she looked around before pointing to a huge tower.

"That one." She informed me before curling into a ball again and closing her eyes.

"You need to stay awake for me." I laughed and she let out a dramatic sigh.

"What do you need?" She asked and I started driving towards the hotel.

"A search partner." I winked and she sat up with a giggle.

"Fine. What time is it?" Alyssa answered her own question by looking at the clock that read eight o'clock. "It's so flipping late." She groaned and went back to closing her eyes.

"Not really!" I laughed and she shook her head "Fine, we'll look in the morning."

"Can we just sleep in the car?" Alyssa asked and I agreed gladly, it would save some money even though I had enough on me.

"Sure." I smiled and pulled over into the hotel parking lot.

"I call the back seat!" Alyssa cried and dived back there before sprawling out.

"I'm bigger than you! I deserve the back!" I argued and opened the back seat door.

"Well I'm a girl." Alyssa stuck her tongue out.

"Your point?" I teased and she rolled her eyes playfully. "Move over." I instructed, but she just stretched out even further, her face burrowed into the seat.

I stood on the step that you would use to get into the car and started tickling her neck.

"Hayden! Hayden, stop!" She squealed through the laughs and tried to push me away. "Fine, I'll move!" Alyssa surrendered and I let go of her so she could slide to the left.

"What is the point of you coming back here? There are better recliners in the front." Alyssa raised and eyebrow before leaning onto my shoulder.

"I'm not going to leave the car on all night and I know we're going to freeze without some sort of body heat." I explained and it was the exact truth, but it was a plus that it was with Alyssa. I'm not saying I like her like that...but, like, I don't even know. I don't really need to explain myself.

"So you want to cuddle with me?" Alyssa threw her head back in laughter and I wrapped my arms around her.

"If that's what it takes." I chuckled and she didn't argue any further and dug her face into my chest while I did the same to her neck.

We immediately fell asleep, and it was one of the best sleeping nights. I felt so warm and being with my best friend made it better.

--

When I awoke it was from Alyssa's constant moving. I looked down at her to see her still in my arms, but her face was wet, as well as my shirt.

"Alyssa?" I asked in shock as she continued to cry and sniffle. "Alyssa, wake up!" I yelled causing her eyes to snap open and for her to rapidly examine her surroundings.