0.5 ✦ what?

- Hanna -

I opened my eyes when I felt someone touch me. My eyes shot open, but stung as the light hit them. They soon dilated and I saw Luke in front of me, shirtless. I then looked down at my own body, a big black shirt was on me.

"Morning," he murmured, putting the blanket back on me. I saw he has done something with the chains, making it easier to move. I still couldn't punch or kick, sadly.

"What are you doing?" I spat, no longer scared to talk in front of him.

"Helping you?" He suggested, raising an eyebrow and I scuffed.

"Yeah, now you help me. After I got beat by your twisted father. Where was that help?" I asked, and Luke looked at me with a shock expression.

"That's the most you've ever said to me," he whispered, picking up a brush from beside him, and began to brush my hair.

"That's all you're going to say?" I snapped and moved my chains, making him flinch back. I didn't like the fact that he was so close to me.

"What do you want me to do?!" He asked, raising his voice a bit. I cringed at his anger, even though I probably deserved it. I wasn't gonna let him have that.

"Save me!" I yelled like it was obvious, but he continued to brush my hair. "He was beating me against the wall, and you just stood there. You were whining on how you just got slapped. Oh how you care." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"He would of killed us both of I did something." Luke said coldly, just focusing on my hair. I don't even know what I'm expecting. I just met this boy yesterday, and I was assuming that he actually cared for me. He didn't.

"Stop brushing my hair." I demanded, but he continued. I groaned in annoyance. "Stop touching me!" I yelled, and he backed away.

"You're so mean to me," he whined, and my eyes widened. I'm mean to him? Do you blame me?! I was being tortured, ripped away from everyone I loved because of his dad.

"Well no shit sherlock! You people kidnapped me! You expect me to like you?!" I scuffed, and his eyes became sad and his expression softened.

"Han, I'm sorry." He said with a sympathetic look and I lunged at him.

"Don't ever call me that again!" I screamed, but he covered my mouth.

"You're gonna wake Andrew." He informed me. I tried to scream louder through his hand, but it was no use. "Hanna, stop it, please! I'm sorry," he begged quietly, and I finally stopped.

He sighed and started rubbing his temples, slouching next to me. After a minute or two he moved to sit next to me, putting his head on the wall like me.

"Just go back to sleep," he ordered softly, and I rolled my eyes.

"So you can stab me in my sleep? No thanks." I scoffed, and he loudly sighed next to me.

"I'd never hurt you when Andrew's not around." He said, and I faced him. His eyes were closed, his face was relaxed. He looked so peaceful and it annoyed me.

"So when he really is around you're gonna torture me? And when he's not you expect me to be your b-best friend?" I said, stuttering on the words best friend. It reminded me of Hayden and Alyssa. I pushed them out of my head, because that was my weak spot. I needed to be strong now.

"I don't expect anything from you," he said and turned around, opening his eyes. I got lost in them, I was memorized. "Hanna, you d-"

"Luke?!" I heard Andrew scream outside the door, and travel down what might of been a hall. Without another word Luke got up, shut the light off, and went out of the room I was in.

I almost felt worried for him, that Andrew would hurt him. I shouldn't care. Maybe he'll finally feel my pain.

- Hayden -

I went to sleep that night, in fear that my best friend was hurt. Guilt was still hung over me as I woke the next morning for school. Alyssa would probably be there today, and hopefully Hanna was too. I wanted to hug her, and tell her I was sorry. I really hope she made it home last night.

I headed to my car and started to drive to school, going faster than usual. I was just eager to see Hanna. Just think of her beautiful smile, her beautiful self, made me smile.

When I drove up to the school, I parked my car, and quickly went to my locker. My locker was on the whole other end of the school than Alyssa and Hanna's. I rushed over to Hanna's locker, and I saw Alyssa standing there, reading.

"Hey," I smiled, looking down at her, and she sniffled. "How ya feeling?" I asked her, and she shrugged.

"I'm alive," she laughed and I hugged her, not caring if I would get sick or not. "Did you talk to Hanna last night?" She asked me, and I shook my head. "I called her like a million times, and she's not answering me." She said.

"I don't know where she's been," I said, truthfully, while Alyssa leaned against Hanna's locker. We waited for her all morning, until the bell rang, then we quickly made our way to history. Alyssa didn't even know what was going on. If I told her I left Hanna at a party she'd chop my dick off. Death by a best friend. I really had no choice, I was starting to worry.

When we got into our class we sat in our usual seats, except Hanna. No one sat in her seat.

"Alyssa, I need to tell you something.." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"What is it?" She asked, almost uninterested in my statement.

"About Hanna...last night we went to this party. I literally had to leave for five minutes, and when I came back she was gone." I said, as i bit the inside part of my lip.

"You left her?!" Alyssa whisper yelled.

"Just for a quick minute! i had to help Tyl-"

"Always for the populars." Alyssa mumbled, and I stared at her in disbelief.

"What did you just say?" I asked her, and looked into her big, hurt, blue eyes.

"It's never about us anymore Hayden. It's always about your new friends. Your cooler friends." She told me, half way through the sentences she looked down at her desk in disappointment.

"You two always come first." I whispered.

"Why didn't Hanna."

--

1116 words.

please vote & comment!

--brittany