0.4 ✧ Luke

- Hanna -

It was over. It was finally over. The man left me in the floor. Bleeding, gasping for air, and coughing with the chains still wrapped around me. The tears were streaming down my face but I wasn't allowed to scream, or say anything. If I did it would happen again. I pressed myself against the wall, the coldness sending a chill up my spine. I closed my eyes, trying to think happy thoughts, so I could try and forget about what had just happened.

The thoughts made me smile, even though there weren't a lot. There were many memories with Hayden and Alyssa. Hayden..when I finally thought I was done with the bad things he pops into my mind. He probably thinks I left him. I'm a terrible person. I pushed that out of my mind because that wasn't a happy thought.

It was hard to think of happy thoughts when I was starving. I knew it had to be the next morning, or close to it. Even maybe mid-day. I haven't eaten since the party. I mean I'm a food loving person, this was hard for me. Not like the raping was hard either.

I laid my head against the wall. At this point I wanted the man to come and kill me. I didn't want to live through this torture. If I died everything would be easier, so I screamed. It was so loud that someone could probably hear it outside. I kept screaming until the door of the dark unknown room was opened.

"Shut up!" A boy screamed, but it wasn't the same man. This boy had a higher voice than the man did. A hand went to my mouth and slapped me. It wasn't that hard, but it stung. "Didn't he tell you, you would die?!" He yelled, and I opened my eyes trying to see him through the darkness. It was useless, I couldn't see him. I didn't nod or shake my head so the boy let go of my face. I was hoping he was going to get a gun. Instead he flickered on the lights, it burned my eyes at first. I adjusted quickly though.

I was in a regular bedroom but there was no bed, no furniture at all. It was empty and large, unfortunately I was the one chained in the corner farthest from the door.

I then looked up at the boy. He stared down at me, anger in his eyes, I couldn't make out his expression.

"Here." He said, throwing a blanket on my exposed self. The warmth of it rushed over me and I cuddled into a bit, trying not to be scratched by the chains. I looked back at the boy, his piercing blue eyes staring me down. I was scared to ask him questions, but it was stupid of me to feel safe just because he looked around my age. He's probably as lethal as that man.

"What's your name?" He asked after looking at me for awhile, but I didn't respond. He was trying to trick me, so I would talk, break the rule and be raped. "What's your name?" He repeated again, kneeling down in front of me. I pressed myself closer to the wall, trying to get away from him.

"I won't hurt you if you speak," he said sternly, and I cleared my throat a bit.

"Hanna," I told him, and quickly squeezed my eyes shut. I was afraid that he was gonna do something, but nothing happened. I opened my eyes, to see him looking at me.

"I'm Luke," he told me and I nodded my head, the name suited him. "Please, don't scream again." He told me, concern in his eyes. He had some bruises, that man probably beat him when he did something wrong.

"Hanna, you can talk to me. He's not here right now," Luke told me and I shuddered when he fixed the blanket on me, his hand hitting my skin every once in awhile. "I'm sorry this happened to you." He told me and I looked at his eyes, avoiding my gaze.

I thought about it though. If he really wanted me to talk I could probably get some answers out of him.

"Why are you here?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"I'm Andrew's son," he told me before crossing his long legs. I watched him carefully, making sure he wasn't gonna hurt me.

"Who's Andrew?" I asked. I sounded like a damn five year old but I couldn't control it.

"The man who took you.." He said, staring at his crossed legs. To think that the boy being nice to me is the son of my torturer. "No, no! I won't hurt you..well not right now at least." He said, and I shook. Not right now? He was going to hurt me later?

"Why are you talking to me?" I asked more sharply, my voice becoming confident.

"I know you're scared. I'm trying to comfort you," he said, touching my cheek lightly with his hand. I jerked my head away, so I was out of his reach, sadness filled his eyes. "I'm sorry this happened to you," Luke confessed. If he was so sorry, why didn't he take me out of this death trap? Exactly, he's not sorry. I hated liars.

Then I heard a door slam from outside the room and Luke looked at me, fear written all over his face. He quickly got up, turned the lights off, and once again left me alone. Not that I liked his company in the first place. His name probably wasn't even Luke, it's probably some criminal name like 'Fred.' No, he was a criminal. Why was he was working with someone like Andrew?

I curled myself into my blanket and leaned my head against the wall, hearing the screaming outside my door. It scared me. I started to shake, and tears threatened to fall down but I kept my ground. That was until I heard my door open, light shining through from the hallway. I could see Luke, his face freshly slapped.

"Where are you?!" Andrew yelled, I could hear his footsteps approaching me. He found me and kicked me blindly, not caring what he hit. He kicked me in the face, and I bit down on my lip so I wouldn't scream in pain. I bit so hard that my lip started to bleed. I resorted to grinding my teeth my he kicked me in the chest.

"Blame him!" Andrew screamed, referring to Luke. I just clamped my eyes shut, not wanting to see his face. I knew Luke could see me, but he didn't do anything. Nothing at all. He was probably enjoying my pain. Andrew walked away, slamming my door shut behind him, in couldn't see the light anymore nor Luke.

I was happy for that, it was his fault anyways.

--

1159 words.

please vote & comment!

--brittany