Burn it to the ground

Triggers: fire, death, insanity?

________

I stood on the shoreline of the island inhabited since I had been exiled from L'manburg, the sun had long since dissolved into the sea and the air turned cold and sharp. As I sighed I could see my breath, Wilbur's old coat barley kept the chill away. Not like I could feel much anyway.

I had been trying to look at my reflection using the water from the sea, but whenever I'd catch a glimpse all I saw was the shell of a boy. Whatever I kept seeing didn't look like how I remembered myself, maybe I did look like a walking corpse. It's not like anyone would see the state I was in anyway.

I was shook out of my thoughts as a strong gust of wind caused me to stumble forward, it was hard to keep your footing on sand but I managed to stay upright. I felt my energy slipping away so I kneeled on the sand and held my hands together as I stared up at the stars recalling the last conversation I had with Tubbo.

I shook my head trying to forget the day I was exiled but my mind liked to taunt with visions of the awful day no matter how hard I tried to forget.

"My name is Tommy" I whispered, I was trying to keep my identity as it slowly slipped away "and I'm selfish" those words oh how I hated them. Maybe it's true the small voice in my head whispered to me.

I shook my head, I knew how this worked. I had seen Techno go through the same thing. I wasn't going to listen to the voices in my head, I'll be stronger than my brothers were.

I chuckled as uttered another sentence "I will grind you to sand beneath my feet." I froze up the words that came out of my mouth sounded so much like Techno's it made shiver, I am not my brothers I reassured myself. But then again here I was exiled again from a country I helped make. With Wilbur.

The tips of my finger were going numb from the chill in the air "this is what I get for helping, helping earn our independence." It was true, I had lost my disks and life for L'manburg only to be exiled twice.

Who had the influence though? I snapped my head up, the voices were right. My problems always lead back to that man in one way or another.

"Dreamwastaken enjoy your temporary win" stated darkly, the stars in the sky twinkled almost as if they agrees with my statement.

"My name is Tommyint, Tommy is a liability." I muttered coldly standing and shoving my shaking hands into the pockets of the old coat, my left hand brushed something in the pocket.

My eyes widened as I pulled out the object; it was a box of matches. I smirked as pulled a match out and struck it against the side of the box. A bright flame erupted trom the tip of the match, like a beacon in the night sky.

The heat gave feeling back to my fingers the longer I watched the flame dance in the wind. A wide smile spread across my face as I laughed "hey Tubbo, how ya like me now!!!!" I shouted knowing he wouldn't be able to hear me.

The voices in my head began chatting as I turned away from the beach and made my way up to my tent. We wanna watch the world burn, you've got the gasoline. We wanna watch the world burn and everyone turn mean....

The whispers grew louder and turned to screams as wrung my hands, a nervous habit I had developed.

They kept chanting until I smirked shouting into the wind with my arms opening daring the gods to strike me down "I wanna watch the world burn. I got the gasoline. I wanna watch the world burn and everyone turn mean!"

It seemed to satisfy the voices as I opened the door to my tent and rummaged through my chests before finding what I was looking for; Wilbur's old beanie and gloves.