Daddy Issues 101

Sorry about disappearing but here take this half-baked oneshot that I wrote on the notes app on my phone :)

TW: Mention of abandonment, mention of death, yelling

3rd Person

Phil and Tommy stood at the edge of the still smoldering crater of what used to be L'manburg, the only sound was that of a few small fires that had yet to be put out and the rumble of thunder in the distance.

Despite sharing no blood the "father" and "son" look extremely alike, if you ignore the scars that littered the son.

A new scar had taken its place on the younger only an hour before, lighting had struck Tommy as he was listening to the ghost of his dead brother speaking to him.

"Why did you do it?" Tommy asked, it was so quiet that Phil had barely been able to hear him. The man in question looked perplexed, as if he wasn't expecting the question.

A sigh escaped the older man's mouth as he turned to look at his youngest boy. Tommy was soaked from the earlier rain and was still shaking from the cold, yet Phil couldn't find it in him to feel sorry for the boy.

"I had to teach you a lesson" Phil finally answered, the answer however didn't seem to satisfy Tommy.

"You sound like Dream" Tommy spat out as if the words were poison in his mouth.

Phil didn't like being compared to Dream, he felt that surely they were nothing alike. Dream did those  things to Tommy because he liked power and Phil did it to help his son grow. He felt sure he was in the right.

"What? Did I strike a nerve or something?" Tommy sneered in anger.

Phil flared his wings subconsciously, "watch it Tommy this attitude is what I was talking about" the elder countered.

"Or what? You'll blow up my country? Oh wait you already did that." Tommy snarled of confidence made its way to the younger blonde's face as he stared at the older man.

"Tommy what the hell?" Phil snapped offended "I didn't raise you to act this way."

Tommy scoffed "you're right you didn't" he admitted.

Philza clearly hadn't been expecting that, "what?" Yes he did indeed need clarification that Tommy agreed with him for once.

Tommy in turn shrugged," You're right. You didn't raise me, Wilbur did."

Phil drew in a shaky breath as he continued to stare at his youngest son, "what?" The question was asked quietly as though the simple word would set off a bomb and in many ways it did.

"You left" Tommy snapped, anger seeping into his tone. "You left us to go off with your war criminal buddy Technoblade!" Tommy's vision clouded with tears as he tore his gaze away from Phil's.

"I used to sit by the window everyday and wait for you to come home for two years until Wilbur finally had to say that Dad wasn't coming back." The harsh stung as Phil continued to listen to Tommy.

"Honestly it's no wonder Wilbur went insane! He was only 13 when he had to learn to take care of us! I was eight, you think a 13 year old should have to take care of a 8 year old like he's his own kid?"

"No! And then years later the first time I see you is only for you to put a sword through by brother's chest!"

"He begged me to-" Phil started to say but was quickly cut off.

"That doesn't mean shit! You could've knocked him out and we could've tried to help him! As a family!" Tears were freely flowing from Tommy's eyes and yet he made no move to stop them.

Phil looked at the ground, a guilty expression covering his face.

Tommy just scoffed in disgust "you know what I think Philza?"

Tommy didn't wait for Phil to answer before he continued "I think you're a coward, you didn't want to face the fact that if you had just acted like a proper father and stayed none of this would've happened."

Tommy's tone gave no room to argue as be continued to stare down at his father's hunched form.

"Face it Phil if you stayed Wilbur wouldn't be dead and I wouldn't be on my last life."

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry." Phil whispered.

"Yeah well, your apology means nothing to me anymore." Tommy states harshly as he turned on his heel and left the older man to stand at the edge of a crater alone.

And for once Philza felt the bitter cold of loneliness as he stared into the crumbling crater of his son's country.

Sorry again about the shitty rushed writing but I've been a tad busy.