Home

Triggers: Mentions of abandonment? Exile?

This a short chapter but it's building up to a bigger one >:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranboo's Pov

I felt the frigid air seep into my bones as I gazed up at the full moon that illuminated the sky, my knees were pulled up to my chest in an attempt to comfort myself. I felt my ears twitch as soft footsteps neared me, the crunch of the snow echoed in the silence.

I sensed a presence next to me as the person sat next to me, “Hey Ranboob.” A soft british voice said from beside me, I chuckled at the nickname.

“Hey Tommy” I responded as I looked over at the boy who was sitting next to me, a white streak in his hair shone in the moonlight.

It was a side effect of being brought back to life, he claimed it was just from stress though. His head turned in my direction and we looked gazes, I hated eye contact so I diverted my gaze to the snowy ground.

“What’re you doing out here” He questioned, it threw me off guard. The few times we’ve spoken it was usually just him throwing insults at me as Tubbo tried to calm him down.

Nevertheless I responded “I come out here to think, it's quite claming in the silence. You know?”

“I never liked the silence” Tommy admitted “you know the phrase ‘a calm before the storm’?. That’s what silence is to me, it's unnerving. It's a reminder of exile, when no one was there for me. Well except you I guess.” The blonde chuckled as he turned his gaze to the moon.

“I was thinking of home” I told him, I watched as he turned his head towards me and arched an eyebrow.

“Home you say? I guess a lot of people here have lived in other places. This is the only place I can remember.” The brit grimaced at his own statement, it obvious this place held less than pleasant memories for him. I just nodded in agreement with him.

“Well more of the place but not the people, not my family or the feelings. Just the knowledge that I had a home” I spoke softly of a place unknown to me and yet I had been there.

“Tell me about it.” 

“There are tall obsidian pillars that reach so high the top is almost out of view, but if you climb up them a shiny crystal awaits you at the top. Don’t touch it though otherwise it’ll explode” I chuckled as Tommy looked at me with a ‘wtf is wrong with you’ look on his face.

“It’s not like the overworld or the nether, it's a series of floating islands over an endless void that provides us with everything we could ever need. The ground is made up of a pale yellow stone that is the color of the aurora of the sun. It's like a yellow version of cobblestone” I explained. I could’ve sworn I heard Tommy call it pee cobblestone but I chose to ignore it.

“Although there is no obvious light source you can still see, everyone and everything had a glow. It's almost like you can see their lifeforce and there's an odd purple fruit that tastes like an apple but can make you teleport. You can also pop it like popcorn and that’ll preserve it.” I spoke gleefully of my favorite snack.

“You keep saying ‘we’ who is ‘we’ Ranboo” Tommy asked with curiosity lacing his features. I thought for a second, I hadn’t been expecting this question.

“I suppose I’m speaking of my people. Although it could be either side of me” I admitted to the boy next to me. I just heard a hum from him. “I wish I could go home sometimes, there's a way to get there but I just need to find it” I spoke sternly.

“What is this place called?”

“We call it The End, a place where time and space are halted. No being is immortal and ichor flows from Gods’s wounds. .”