Chapter 25

Edited

Leanna's POV:

"Why is it that everywhere we go someone gets injured?" Zach says. Maggie glares at him. We were currently in the hospital waiting for Josh. Nothing serious had happened but it was scary to watch Josh fall all the way down the mountain. The doctor finally told us that it was ok for Josh to leave. When Josh came out I looked at his appearance. Josh had a bandage across the side of his forehead and his wrist was wrapped in an ace bandage. I run over to Josh hugging him tightly. Then I remember how he didn't listen to me when I told him not to go before he went down the mountain.

"You idiot!" I yell pulling away from him.

"I told you not to go down but noooo you just had to." I say.

"Lean-" I cut him off.

"And you could have gotten seriously injured. What if something worse happened? Then it would be a big deal. You should have listened to me. But your stupid ego gave you tons of courage...." I kept on going. Saying everything that came to my mind. Everybody was staring probably because I was yelling in a quiet hospital.

"-You could have gotten really hurt." I finished. Everybody stares with blank faces and Josh looks shocked. He tries to touch my arm but I pull away. Silently we all exit the hospital. Everybody was quiet for the rest of the car ride to the cabin. The first to speak was Emmet.

"Uh, do you guys like, wana have a fire?" he says awkwardly. We all nod and start putting on warmer clothes. It was so cold in New Hampshire. Once Zach got the fire started we all grabbed lawn chairs and sat by each other. Josh put his chair next to me and I sighed. I didn't want to be mad at him anymore but I still was. Its hard to stay mad at someone you love for a long time. I grabbed my chair and moved. I didn't really wana be near him right now. Everybody notices the tension and sat in the uncomfortable silence. Emmet again was the first to speak.

"Ok let's get over this shit. Because you two (points to me and Josh) are making everything weird. So let's go do something fun. Ok?" Everyone nods.

"Man-Hunt?" Blake smirks raising an eyebrow. Man hunt was the game.

"Ok these are the rules." Adam starts.

"Ok the hiding team is going to get 30 seconds to run and hide in the woods over there. The counting team is going to go and tag all of them. If you get tagged then you come here. Your team can tag you back in." we all nod agreeing to the rules.

"I call being a captain!" Zach yells.

"Yah me to." Josh says. One by one the captains picked teams.

"I got Mags." Zach says. Maggie runs up to him and gives him a kiss on the cheek, the both of them smiling.

"Josh." Emmet says. 

"Adam."

"Leanna." Being the opposite of Maggie, I sigh and walk slowly behind Josh.

"Emily."

"And last but not least, we get Blake." Emmet says.

"I swear you guys always pick me last." He mutters as if we have something against him.

"Ok we get to hide first since we picked last." Emmet says. They nod and start counting. I wanted to murder Emmet for making me and Josh be on the same team. You can say I'm a bit petty.

"You'll thank me later." Emmet says behind me. I take off running and we all split up. Once I feel like I'm far enough I stop catching my breath. I hear Team Zach saying their coming. All I hear is crunching of leaves and its so creepy out here. suddenly I hear Blake's yelling close by. Backing away slowly I trip over a log and hit my knee on something. I ignore the pain and get up. I walk deeper into the woods and then it's pitch black. I can't see anything. I'm pretty sure I'm far away from everyone else to. Behind me I hear feet crunching on leaves but when I turn around know one is there. I lean on a tree and then I hear voices.